Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just repaced my 34K mile Potenza 92As with New Falken S-TZ01s. Same size as the stock 18s. They look and handle nice, were priced right at $132.00 ea, but I have one concern immediately. They are noisier than my worn out old tires below 40 mph. There's a steady hum at 40 and when I am slowing down the noise turns into a subtle roar, especialy below 20mph. The tread is much more aggressive looking than the Potenzas. Is it possible that they will get quiter after I've run them a while?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
First, welcome to the group 8)

Second, I have no experience with that tire - however it has been my general observation that road noise tends to increase with a tire's age and not decrease.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Since these are uni-directional...check and see if they are installed in the correct direction. :)

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I just got the STZ-04 20's installed and I don't notice any more noise. They handle great, and actually soften up the ride a little bit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just picked up the same Falken but in 20 inch for my 45. Overall I am very pleased with the performance but did notice the hum when rolling to a stop. I purchased the tires in Vancouver and drove 1000 km through rain and sleet back to Calgary. They feel alot more grippy than the stock Goodyear RSA and the handling has improved dramatically. I love the agressive look of these tires, I will post some pics as soon as I can!

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.