Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year's all--Here's the details. 2005 FX35, 100,000 or so miles. Yesterday, extreme cold (-12 degrees), car, which is parked outside, starts quickly and runs well to gas station. Fully warmed up, gas up and when go to restart, get nothing--no crank, no click, no starter. Gear shift lever moves and I have dashboard full of lights. Call wrecker, get back to car after about 10 minutes and it starts like it's a warm 70 degree day. Initial suspect would be the neutral safety switch. But I can't find one. For instance, ebay has 334 listings for Infiniti neutral safety switch, but none for an FX35. Also, after lengthy online search, can't find replacement part or part number or even information as to its location. I'm missing a big chunk of knowledge here. I would assume the car certainly has such a switch. But I just can't find any information about it. So asking for help. Incidentally, the same situation happened about a year ago, no start, no solenoid click, absolutely nothing--then, after about half an hour, started fine and has not experienced same problem since. Common thread is that it also happened on a below zero day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts