Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent gotten a lot of attention lately and needed others to look at my FX.

I saw these at the new Circut city grand opening and they were a pretty good deal.
So, I thought, hey why not.

I saw a black mustang with green and it looked pretty cool.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
882 Posts
to be honest that fad past about 10 years ago. Its pretty much known in the city as a ricer mod and no one does that anymore. But hey, to each his er her own.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
is that street legal in CA? I think of underground racing when I see those lights, they are still cool in the street racing scene and there are always going to be people that say everything is "ricey" these days, so I wouldn't worry :p

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I'm glad someone else did this because I've been toying with the idea myself. I see them on sale every week in the Pepboys or other auto parts ads.

I don't know about the green, how about cool blue (may match the HIDs) or white. What size did you use? 20"? And do you have it switched with your headlights or clearance lights? Or a separate switch to turn them on?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Circuit City online order page, but they had green, red, blue and white in the store.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
it looks nice, but i think blue would be a better choice. i will get some pretty soon and have them come on only when the door is open and when the doors are unlock. it is illegal to have them on while driving.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah, i guess you can do that or just tap into the brake wire so they come on when you step on the brakes and turn off when you release the brakes. i guess the speed signal will also work, but what if you don't have navi??

hey i'm checking ebay right now and they have alot led tubes for under $100. do you guys think it's ok to get it off ebay?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
mushutofu said:
to be honest that fad past about 10 years ago. Its pretty much known in the city as a ricer mod and no one does that anymore. But hey, to each his er her own.
Have to agree, but also have to confess I've thought about it as well. Looks cool, D. 8) So are yours the 30" or 48" or does the kit include two of each? I, too, think blue would be my choice. Like the speed sensor wire idea, but then they would come on while moving for those of us with the moving nav mod, when activated.

I always thought it would be cool to mount them somehow behind each wheel; all that light shining through the big chromies would really make for a Batmobile look. Don't know how one would do that, though, and have them last.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
A few people in Taiwan have installed that on theirs and also they have installed LED on the bottom where you installed your green lights.

Jim

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sweet,

No way!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
I always thought it would be cool to mount them somehow behind each wheel; all that light shining through the big chromies would really make for a Batmobile look.
One additional place I was thinking was inside the grille to get that alien-breaking-out look. :D

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
ShadyJC said:
MustGoFastR said:
I always thought it would be cool to mount them somehow behind each wheel; all that light shining through the big chromies would really make for a Batmobile look.
One additional place I was thinking was inside the grille to get that alien-breaking-out look. :D
Its all been done over here.

http://www.cartier.com.tw/FX/Chris_3.jpg

Jim

·
Registered
566 Posts
Very sweet and that would get you noticed. I've been working on adding very dim hidden lights in the foot wells when the head lights are on since it is very dark down there. The latest experimentations involve adding some black lights (UV) from SuperBrightLeds.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
wblakes said:
it looks nice, but i think blue would be a better choice. i will get some pretty soon and have them come on only when the door is open and when the doors are unlock. it is illegal to have them on while driving.
I really like that idea. Cool yet not to Flashy... If you do let me know how it goes. Do you think it is a simple MOD.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
OMG who has that grill? that thing is CRAZY haha that's not legal right?

Good idea to hook up the lights to go on when the car isn't moving! That would be sick while waiting at a light or something! Would it be difficult to hook up to the nav?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts