Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just waiting for my FX45 to come in and the dealer has two new options. 1 is a stainless steel running board and the second is a black cherry wood kit for the inside. I will upload pics of both. Your comments are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
It makes the car look weird :roll: I think running board looks better on taller SUV.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Seems there isn't a need for them unless you are quite short. It does look better than what I had pictured in my mind, but I would never consider them for my FX. If that was the only FX available to me, I'd ask the dealer to remove them IMHO.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point with getting your pants dirty. I thought it would make the car look better (not that it needs it) from the outside..I think everyone has had the opinion to scrap them.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I don't think so.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Personally I would pass on both!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Those things belong on a big truck... the FX is way to sophisticated, sporty and car like for that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
agreed agreed agreed
wow looks like a landslide
they do not fit the car

·
Registered
20 Posts
particlefx said:
Seems there isn't a need for them unless you are quite short. It does look better than what I had pictured in my mind, but I would never consider them for my FX. If that was the only FX available to me, I'd ask the dealer to remove them IMHO.
I guess I'll pile on. I agree with the above. You would have to be less than four feet tall to need the running boards on this sporty little suv.

·
Registered
20 Posts
4tyson said:
...a black cherry wood kit for the inside. I will upload pics of both. Your comments are appreciated.
Did you post the black cherry wood kit pics? I saw a pic elsewhere on this site, but I would like to see it with the brick/black interior.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The running boards look better than I expected, but I must definitely say "NO WAY" to this option. It clashes completely with the concept of a sport SUV especially a performance-oriented one like the FX. Not only that, it adds weight, drag, serves no practical purpose, cost you $1K? while detracting from the clean profile lines of the FX.

Now, on a true offroad SUV like the HUMMER H1/H2, I'd say go for it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts