Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 04 FX is only 3 weeks old. I have read the numerous posts about the leather and am starting to worry about mine! Maybe I'm just paranoid. Is this bad enough to take to the dealer. Let me know your thoughts!
1st pic is the bigger bubble on the passengers seat that has been sat in for maybe 2 hours!

2nd pic is the drivers seat wrinkle and small bubble.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yea

Its worth trying to get it fixed under warranty, specially if its brand new!

·
Registered
662 Posts
...but I'm not sure that dealer's replacing seats would be better than your current one. You may want to talk to few dealers first to see whether Infiniti came up with permanent solution.

My new seats are softer than original ones but have made same bubbles and wrinkles eventually.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I was afraid of that. I will bring it to the service managers attention when I get my 7k mile oil change and tire rotation. It sucks though, wife's 2 year old Maxima's leather is perfect...but, its not near as soft!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would be glad to trade you for my charcoal seats which look like an elephant sat on them after the first drive.

BTW I have been told by the dealer that this was normal wear.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the same issue with mine which was just bought in December. I am going to report it to the dealer just to get it on record but am going to wait until it gets worse to ask them to replace it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update on Seats...

Very strange happenings.. .I posted the pictures at the beginning of this thread about my seat bubbling. Well, its been 3 weeks since then and my seats have totally corrected themselves. The leather is completely flat and smooth. The bubbling has just disappeared!
Maybe a temperature change or break-in situation. Weird ...But, Happy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.