Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got ourselves an 03 FX35 with Sport package. 26000 miles and the tires are looking about shot, maybe ok to squeeze out 1000 miles more, anyway time to research some replacements.

First question. Are 275/45/20's ok on the stock rims? I ask this as for some reason, the same tire is cheaper in that size than in 265/50/20's... Not by a little either.

Compare: $149 vs $188 on Falken Ziex S/TZ-04, cheaper for the bigger tire?!

In the 275's there is an even cheaper tire (that seems to get good reviews), Hankook Ventus ST RH06.

I'm inclined to get the bigger tire out of the two sizes if there is no problems attached (other than speedo slightly off).

This is for Houston TX driving, either dry and hot or very wet and hot. Ok, we had a sprinkling of snow for Christmas but I have been here for 6 years and that is the first snow I have ever seen.
Wet grip is very important as the roads themselves are more concrete than asphalt and tend to turn in to ice-rinks with the slightest sprinkling of rain.

Any and all advice welcomed. Anyone with something to report on either of those types of tire mentioned above, I have seen a little mentioned here, but not a lot.

Great Forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Looks like they aren't available in 20" unfortunately.

Someone out there tried the Hankooks? Like to hear an Infiniti owner opinion on them and the Falkens. Elsewhere they seem to both get decent reviews, I'd like to hear how they compare to the oem Goodyears. Especially in the rain..

Thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
U can't go wrong with the BF GOODRICH T/A KDW-2 265-50-20
you will be very happy...the car is like on rails...
Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts