Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The exhaust is rotted on my 2004 FX 45 and I need to replace it. I love stock sound but maybe I should try an aftermarket exhaust. I like the low growling type exhausts. Some clips of aftermarket exhausts I have heard are too wimpy. Should I play it safe and go with stock or can I improve performance and keep a low rumble with an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just had Flowmaster 80 series installed about 2 months ago. Initially, i didn't like the sound. It was too "droney".
After a while, i guess i got used to it. It's still loud, it sounds mean and aggressive but i love it now, lol.

Only time it gets on my nerves, is at city cruising speeds,when it 5th gear, at 40-60 km/h. The drone is really noticeable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bokito said:
I just had Flowmaster 80 series installed about 2 months ago. Initially, i didn't like the sound. It was too "droney".
After a while, i guess i got used to it. It's still loud, it sounds mean and aggressive but i love it now, lol.

Only time it gets on my nerves, is at city cruising speeds,when it 5th gear, at 40-60 km/h. The drone is really noticeable.
hey! where are you from canada? im from vancouver i had a question

i want a flowmaster 80's as well and you said theres a lot of drone which is what im worried about however, did you remove the resonator or did you keep the resonator in place?

·
Registered
128 Posts
effectsfortyfive said:
Bokito said:

i want a flowmaster 80's as well and you said theres a lot of drone which is what im worried about however, did you remove the resonator or did you keep the resonator in place?
Toronto; I kept the resonator. Imo, it's loud enough. If you do lots of city driving, at those speeds, you can definitely expect the drone.
Only work around, keep it in manual mode and down shift to bring the revs up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bokito said:
effectsfortyfive said:
Bokito said:

Toronto; I kept the resonator. Imo, it's loud enough. If you do lots of city driving, at those speeds, you can definitely expect the drone.
Only work around, keep it in manual mode and down shift to bring the revs up.

how bad is the drone??? with the windows up considering you kept the resonators on

·
Registered
128 Posts
lol have patience my friend. Yes, with windows up the drone is fully present and noticeable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts