Infiniti FX Forum banner

Need help with parking brake bypass on Navigation for possible phone mirroring.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  FxFury 
#1 · (Edited)
White Product Gadget Audio equipment Output device

Gadget Communication Device Font Cable Metal

Audio equipment Font Musical instrument accessory

Hi, I bought an 06 FX35 with the Bose Navigation & Technology package a few months ago.

I’m trying to mirror my IPhone to the navigation screen & would also like to play music from my phone also, seeing I don’t have a aux port. I’m trying to do this as cheap as possible.

I’ve been searching but haven’t seen this done on a 06-08 FX35 yet, but have seen similar methods on other Infiniti's with RCA jacks.

I would like to use a Iphone Lighting Digital AV Adapter with HDMI Output, to a HDMI input adapter to RCA output, to the rear Center console DVD RCA inputs.

I haven’t tried this yet, but I’ve read if your watching a DVD in the rear and you park the car and pull the parking brake you can watch on the front navigation screen also. I don’t know if that’s possible with an external source from RCA’s on the FX.

If it does work, can someone guide me to which harness has the parking brake wire, what color it is and what to do with it exactly, like have it on a button or just ground it to a screw?

Does the 06 FX35 have a speed sensor wire connected to it like the videos I’ve watched on 08 FX35’s?

Will I loose the reverse camera if it always thinks the Parking Brake is on?

Edit: Haven’t gotten the items yet. I tried playing a DVD in the rear, and engaged the parking brake (Red Brake indicator on dash), put the FX in park, pressed DVD on front screen. It doesn’t display what’s on in the rear, it only says DVD.

Is this not possible on the FX?

Any help would be great, thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.