Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the short version:

I smoke in my FX but am meticulous about ashes and smell. Passengers can't tell it's ever been smoked in. Today lit cig in my left hand and accidentally brushed interior A pillar upholstery (by the windshield). There is now a very small burn spot there -- about 2x the size of a pinhead. Interior is willow so it shows up. Is there a kit to fix this or do I have to replace that piece. I am so sick about this :crybaby: Will I quit smoking in the FX? Probably not....

Hmmm, I wonder if I could shave some fuzz off an inconspicuous spot in the FX and fill in the burn spot.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Sorry to hear that. well.. since it happened once, it might happen again.. so I would wait until you did it a few more times before replacing it...

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GAMacky said:
Sorry to hear that. well.. since it happened once, it might happen again.. so I would wait until you did it a few more times before replacing it...
sure, but in the 18 cars I've owned in 10 years, this was the first!!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeez! should have never posted......

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
GAMacky said:
get a new part and then keep it in the bag until you need to replace it. then leave the old one in like GAMacky sez and burn the **** out of it.

or .... take it to the dealer for service and when you are taking it back blame it on them ;)

JUST KIDDING!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bradical said:
or .... take it to the dealer for service and when you are taking it back blame it on them ;)
me likes that idea

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i had the tech drive mine home twice overnight while testing and i was nervious as **** that he would be smoking in it, etc.... thenkfully there was nothing wring with the car. not a scratch, smudge, etc...and i smelled no smoke so either he didnt smoke or did a **** good job covering it up ;)

i used to smoke years ago and i smoked in my saturn for 5 years and noone could ever tell. as a former smoker, i know all about the stategic venting needed to achieve this :p

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hear ya. I stock up on Ozium New Car Scent. It works wonders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.