Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone who has nothing in their trunk take a two pictures for me? I need one straight on from the back to see the overall shape and one at an angle to see what bumps there may be on the sidewalls.

If I could get this today it would be great... either post here or email to me at [email protected] -- thanks!

·
Registered
443 Posts
ON MY WAY to take the picture for you

·
Registered
443 Posts
awww
digicam no battery..

give me 15 mins

·
Registered
443 Posts
1st

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
2nd

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
3rd

3rd

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
what are you trying to do?
Subwoofer?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, working on a custom fiberglass enclosure for subwoofers and "shelf" space for mounting amplifiers... trying not to lose too much usable space from the trunk...

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump... sorry, I need one more thing, can someone measure (1) the width of the trunk from wheelwell to wheelwell and (2) distance from back of the seat to front of the wheelwell?

Thanks guys... I will owe some of you favors one day...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
16" X 41".
Careful, this is only a tape measurement. in order to have a perfect fit, they'd need the car on hand to have it built nicely fit, you know that.
- I'm getting 16" because I start right at the edge of the plastic trunk mat.
- What's the Height of the box going to be? notice that the rear seats can/will fall backward a little, which would posible push the box back too.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks 2Fast4U!!!

Do not worry, if I go full custom it will be exactly measured... I am thinking of cheaper and quicker ways (i.e. purchase pre-fabricated boxes) so just need to know what will fit.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Thanks 2Fast4U!!!

Do not worry, if I go full custom it will be exactly measured... I am thinking of cheaper and quicker ways (i.e. purchase pre-fabricated boxes) so just need to know what will fit.
Oh, my bad. Forgot you are from LA where music, fashion are y'all specialty, we Texans can't beat that, eh? I just got carry way... :?

·
Registered
24 Posts
NEED SOME SERIOUS SOUND...

Post some pics when you are done. I miss my old car even tho it was POS but has some serious system. How are you planning to hook it up? Only if I can mod the FX stereo :? :? :?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Factory headunit MUST stay - integrates with screen, climate controls, etc. My first phase of the sound system upgrade will be adding 2 10" subs in the back and a single mono amp to power them. Later on I will add a 2nd amp and change out speakers with components.

I will provide a full write-up on how to add an amplifier and subwoofers when I'm done...

In the meantime, you can get some ideas from bradical and ujmot here:
http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1673

Do a search and you will find more pictures and examples... 4tyson has documented the creation of his show-quality setup in the Aud/Vid/Nav forum, look for that one too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts