Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back story:
i’ve owned this 08’ base RWD for six years with ZERO Issues, I Hardly drive the car after purchasing a raptor last year.. Cleaning up the vehicles last week degreasing the engine bay. Everything was working before I parked it after the wash…a week later I go to move it and here are the current issues

Cluster not back lit
Steering Wheel not auto adjusting
Center display screen not lit/working
A/c controls not working
overhead interior lights

(working)
Clock is back lit
ash tray light
Cluster functions normally
(Speedo/RPM/gear indicator) work, just hard to see.

I’ve been in the webs for two hours, I’ve put a meter on every fuse in the three fuse boxes and all are good.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Not sure how but I think you may have fried your Body Control Module. Try disconnecting the battery overnight to attempt to reset it. You can also disconnect the battery, pump the brakes a few times to discharge any stored energy and reconnect to reset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how but I think you may have fried your Body Control Module. Try disconnecting the battery overnight to attempt to reset it. You can also disconnect the battery, pump the brakes a few times to discharge any stored energy and reconnect to reset.
Thank you for your reply, I will give that a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Start with the battery if it's more than 3 years old I'd replace it. You have a fuse under the steering wheel I would check that after replacing the batter

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:
It’s been a few weeks and haven’t had time to work with it.

I came back to a dead battery, got a new one.
still having the same issues.. so I ordered a BCM, that didn’t fix the issue either.

I put a meter on every fuse again all being good.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Very odd. Have you tried plugging in to the OBD port to see if any codes are coming up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very odd. Have you tried plugging in to the OBD port to see if any codes are coming up?
I did that as well, it won’t read the OBD port.

I talked to a local Nissan tech. He recommended replacing the IPDM fuse block. So I’ll be ordering one

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Interesting. I have read about IPDM problems in the Infiniti I-series but I'm not sure if I've seen this in an FX. Hopefully that finally solves the issue. Please let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts