Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have a need to activate/install daytime running lights on my 2005 FX35. Dealers are everywhere on this topis, some charge 300 some charge 500 for some special module. I've also seen people who claim bypassing the "sensor". Anyone done this before or does anyone have any suggestions ?

I need this to get the FX registered in Canada. Kinda urgent.

Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
steelhdn said:
Hello Everyone,

I have a need to activate/install daytime running lights on my 2005 FX35. Dealers are everywhere on this topis, some charge 300 some charge 500 for some special module. I've also seen people who claim bypassing the "sensor". Anyone done this before or does anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks alot
i'm not exactly sure where the sensor is, but, i think a few people just put tape over it so the sensor thinks it's always dark out. which would put your headlights on also.

kptechnologies.com sells some modules that you can install to mod this, but, not 100% sure it's exactly what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
steelhdn said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks alot
I just sent you a PM. I just found the last pic from the tutorial, but I realized your in MTL too... I would be willing to give you a hand and let you look at my set-up if you want to drive to the south shore. Let me know

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
When you are bypassing the sensor (which is on the dashboard), you are having your regular (xenon) headlights on while running day or night. These are not the DTRL's. You also need to change the light selector to "Auto."

Whether xenon is allowed to function as DTRL's, I don't know. I don't see why not.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oh and by the way, in USA fx's the DRL will be the xenons NOT the high beams. And it works differently in america, you just put the lights on auto and the xenons stay on all day, so you actually can turn off DRL. I just had my car inspected yesterday Federally and provincially and they accepted it like that and that is how Infiniti America told me it works.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I stole this picture from DrDJ... thanks man!

If you look at the square part closest to the grill, that's the DTRL. All FXs are wired to use them, but US FXs don't have the relay. You can either buy a relay and install it, or do the rewiring trick that others have used.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
where can i buy the Relay for daytime running lights ? also if you have a part number that would be great. do i just add the relay or do i have to do some wiring ? Thanks for input Guys..

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Couldn't find the part on infinitipartsusa.com (but that didn't really surprise me since they are the US site)... call your local INFINITI dealer and see what they would quote you. I'm pretty sure it's just plug and play...

A rough guesstimate from what I've heard is most dealerships will do it for around CAD$200 for the relay and install. Might wanna just get a parts cost first...

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
If I remember correctly you just can't plug in the relay and get it to work. You need the dealer to hook up the Consult tool and enable it or something like that...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just sent you a PM. I just found the last pic from the tutorial, but I realized your in MTL too... I would be willing to give you a hand and let you look at my set-up if you want to drive to the south shore. Let me know

Why did you pull out those other fuses? A mine I have every fuse in that longer electrical box. You can't just put a relay on the dtrl spot? In mind I have a separate smaller box that just has a spot for two or three relays in it for the dtrl. Does that mean mine are good to go? I have no idea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts