Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a mechanic in NY or CT who can fix a exhaust flags leak? I had it fixed a few years ago and it has lasted this far but its leaking again. Need a weld shop to do a new weld.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Anyone know a mechanic in NY or CT who can fix a exhaust flags leak? I had it fixed a few years ago and it has lasted this far but its leaking again. Need a weld shop to do a new weld.

Honestly any competent shop can fix a leaky gasket for you. Pull into your local mechanic/exhaust shop and say you know it's leaking and just need a new gasket…. Shouldn't be a huge deal.

To be honest if you are at least minimally handy you can locate and fix the leaky gasket yourself - it will most likely involve 2 bolts/nuts and a little elbow grease….
just look at each connection along your exhaust for black residue by where the pipe sections meet. - this is a sign of a leak. Unbolt the connection, put a new gasket in, bolt it back up, fixed.

good luck!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
If you're interested in the possibility of new replacement pieces (assuming it isn't merely a simple gasket thing), Bosal OEM clones of the y-pipe, mid pipe and silencer are substantially cheaper than the equivalent Infiniti sourced components. For example, all of those pieces mentioned with the new gaskets shipped to your residence are under 450USD for my model year. If you need just one piece, could be even more affordable and deliver a sustained fix for the leak you have. I just made the switch and am pretty happy with the outcome. Parts Geek and others have all the details.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're interested in the possibility of new replacement pieces (assuming it isn't merely a simple gasket thing), Bosal OEM clones of the y-pipe, mid pipe and silencer are substantially cheaper than the equivalent Infiniti sourced components. For example, all of those pieces mentioned with the new gaskets shipped to your residence are under 450USD for my model year. If you need just one piece, could be even more affordable and deliver a sustained fix for the leak you have. I just made the switch and am pretty happy with the outcome. Parts Geek and others have all the details.
How does it sound compared to OEM? Is it close or just different?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Very close...tone and loudness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts