Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my opportunity to see the FX's guts exposed today. UJMOT, another member of this forum, allowed me to use his car as a guinuea pig today. The installation was successful and UJMOT is very pleased. I should say that UJMOT is a very nice guy and brought me a compliment of Corona's and Hard Lemonade. He also got a chance to see my MO' and the modifications I have done. In all, the installation took 15 to 30 minutes, but you know how guys are when they are showing off their toys.

Here are some photos.

This is the FX with the dash components removed

This is the actual NAG removing device. It is in a tube that is encapsualted in electronics epoxy or potting material. (in other words this thing can work under water)

This is the circuit board for the radio and nav. It is attached to the rear of the dash cover. On the photo you will see the spot where I soldered one of the three wires.

This is where the other two wires got attached. Just tapped 12 volts and ground from the cigarette lighter. Used two butt connectors here.

Here is the installation before reinstalling the covers.

Hope you like it.

If you are interested PM me here or on the Nissanmurano.org website.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thanks generator!

Awesome, easy to install mod! I highly recommend this to anyone out there who hates pressing that stupid enter button everytime you start up the car. Just start her up and go.

Next up, the xbox mod! Oh the possiblities :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
The quality of the unit is impressive to say the least.

·
Registered
147 Posts
superb job, nice and clean. now moving on the main event, the Xbox mod. how difficult is that? and can you explain in more detail on the unit it self? where in the FX electrical system does it attach to? (rear dvd entertainment input harnest?) how many input/output do we get and how many cuts/soldering?

thx :D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
XBox - I think it's 4 wires for video and tapping into the audio. He went with the Pac unit via Sat input (I will too, since I already have rear dvd) and for power, he's using an inverter. His custom xbox has a 120gb HD - imagine the games, music & movies you can store in there. I'll let him answer your questions in more detail.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UJMOT is correct. There are four signal wires you have to interupt or cut and send into the XBOX interface. Then there are two wires for power and ground. The last wire is for enabling or disabling the digital switch (nav or xbox being displayed)

UJMOT has expressed interest in doing the XBOX mod to his car. He wants to tie it into the rear screen as well. I should be able to do that. I will also modify his xbox if he desires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
generator...

I desperately want to do the nav nag fix...Where did you get that little device from and what exactly does it do? Id imagine it just sends and "automatic" accept to the nav system instead of pressing the button....could you do a detailed description of that mod, such as where to buy that device and what it actually does.

Thanks Alot

Awesome work

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Nice work, Generator. How much for your nav-nag fix thingy?

·
Registered
147 Posts
hi generator and ujmot, as ujmot mentioned eariler, where does those four signal wires plus the 2 wires for pwer and ground feed in to the FX's electronic system? is it throught the entertainment harnest used for the rear dvd system? how much is this mod and where did you placed the Xbox in your car? can you put up detail pic about this setup?

thx.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My_sweet 45

In my MO the xbox is under the passeneger seat. I dont know if the FX has the same clearance. Try it, I am curious to know if it will fit in an FX. Here are some links to my threads at nissanmurano.org.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2554

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2301

This link is off topic but interesting as well. It shows my madness.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1785

The wires for the Xbox mod get connected between the LCD screen and the NAV /DISPAY module. The power wires can be spliced into any good switched 12 volt source. I can't tell exactly where at this moment. I have only done this mod to my own car (Murano). UJMOT wants to do it to his car so if that happens then I will be able to give better details on where to secure a good power source.

I dont want to turn this thread into the Xbox mod thread though. This thread is really aimed at the NAV disclaimer circuit which I hope to offer at less than $60.00 at some point. When I have done a successful install of the xbox in an FX then I feel I will be better able to offer support for it. I don't want to sell you something I cannot support. But I am planning to offer the XBOX interface for around $150-$180 depending on what my final production costs are. I am not doing mass production of these units and each one will be assembled by my own hands so there could be some delays in the beginning. When you see the photos of the circuit boards on the above links then you will see that this is no easy task as the all the components are surface mounted with VERY small circuit traces.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So this is very exciting...I am glad I have gotten such a good response via e-mail. Thank You.

For those of you who are patient, I am working on a less expensive version of this circuit, which I am in the process of waiting for a development kit for. The IC's in version two will not be as sophisticated as the one in version one (Version One IC was overkill) and should lower the price by $10-15.
I make no promises on delivery dates. I only do this as a hobby. I work a regular 9-5 and I dont plan on getting rich overnight building a few circuits.

For those of you who are not patient and have to have it now I will accept orders via paypal. The cost is $60.00 plus shipping.
Shipping in the contiguous states is $6.50 via USPS priority mail, insured, with confirmation delivery.

Submit payment via paypal to [email protected]

I have been a good standing memeber with PayPal for a very long time. Your transactions are safe with me.

Just for clarification, this is for the NAG removal circuit only. The Xbox interface project is a different item.

Thank You again for your support.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Very nice work, man.

One question (not likely to be a big deal, but just to be thorough): If the circuit automatically hits "ok" for you upon startup, does this also make it so you are unable to select the language on that screen?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I assume that if you put a switch on the 12 volt line, this would allow you to disable the device whenever you wanted (i.e switch languages manually)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
gtxjoe said:
I assume that if you put a switch on the 12 volt line, this would allow you to disable the device whenever you wanted (i.e switch languages manually)
True...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes absolutlely...The signal line is a high impedance line and would not effect the NAV if the 12 volt line was left disconnected. You could also put a switch on the signal line and basically get the same effect. Or at special request I could alter the program to give you a small window of opportunity to make a choice before it does it for you.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
People have already placed orders via PayPal.....(THANK YOU)........I ordered a new batch of chips yesterday. I should be able to ship by next weekend. I have already sold what stock I have. You could order now and I will ship in que.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts