Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone other that me, found the maps on the Nav system to be lacking in detail of new neighborhoods?
Infiniti tells me that http://www.Zenrin.com (800-777-0325) is their mapmaker.
I went to their site and found the latest version of their maps to be V 6.3.
Looking a little deeper into their site, they say their last revision was in 2002.
Heck...no wonder. Gimme' a Garmin and Navtek!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
GrtDay said:
Has anyone other that me, found the maps on the Nav system to be lacking in detail of new neighborhoods?
Infiniti tells me that http://www.Zenrin.com (800-777-0325) is their mapmaker.
I went to their site and found the latest version of their maps to be V 6.3.
Looking a little deeper into their site, they say their last revision was in 2002.
Heck...no wonder. Gimme' a Garmin and Navtek!
we are all thoroughly disgusted with zenrin. they are supposed to have a team of mappers working at all times to update stuff, when you can just buy this data (most likely for a lot less) and the bought data will be MORE inclusive.

not only that, but their POI DB stinks!

as far the software itself to create the maps, i love the birdview, but the system needs to have an easier way to enter info (no joystick) and as kenny would say, the "where am i" feature is useless since it doesnt tell you what city you are in.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Its NOT just Infiniti and Zenrin! There are "new" neighborhoods to the west of me that have been there for 3-4 years now. They are not digitized on my '04 FX35. However to be fair, they are NOT on my '04 Acura MDX NOR were they on an '04 Lexus RX330 (because I checked).

·
Registered
509 Posts
I can't tell from the Zenrin website. Does anyone know how often they do a new DVD and when the next release should come out? Phoenix is growing too fast to keep up, so I don't really expect these nav systems to have anything newer than 2 years. There has to be a better way. 8)

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
once a year, usually in the Oct / Nov timeframe

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Phoenix is growing too fast to keep up, so I don't really expect these nav systems to have anything newer than 2 years. There has to be a better way. 8)
True rapid growth always creates problems for map makers; however as I stated above new roads near me (that are on MapQuest, etc) are not on any vehicle system that I am aware of - neither Infiniti, Acura, nor Lexus have the coverage in their '04 systems (and some of these roads are 4+ years old).

If MapQuest, GoogleMaps, etc have these "new" (4 year old roads) why can't the car companies??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.