Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible or should I say worth it to have a non-navi 04 FX and want to change it to navi? any sugestions on what to do or should I just drop the whole idea totally?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and I think the collective consensus (obviously this has been brought up... oh once or twice :wink: ) is that it can be done for about $5000-6000 plus labor, depending on how well you buy your parts.

Everything that makes up the Navigation system is obviously available thru your local parts dealer - unfortunately it costs a lot of money! Best bet is to try to find a junked/totaled/salvaged FX and steal the parts out of there.

I'm in the same boat as you guys... two regrets... should have gotten the TECH package... should have gotten BLACK.

·
Registered
286 Posts
carsunltd32 said:
is it possible or should I say worth it to have a non-navi 04 FX and want to change it to navi? any sugestions on what to do or should I just drop the whole idea totally?
thought someone here put in an aftermarket nav system in the clock location with a retractable screen, very very nice and plays dvds too.
you may find it with a search. otherwise drop it LOL
it will prolly be cheaper to trade it in for a FX with tech.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased a 2004 FX35 with Premium and Sport from a private party. I wanted Nav, but the price was too good to ignore. So, far, after 2 months, I'm delighted.

I tried to add Nav, unsuccessfully (went to several dealers and aftermarket installers), and finally purchased a Magellan 700 GPS, which is portable. It's terrific and comes with maps for the entire US and Canada already installed! European maps are also installed, but you have to use a special code and pay extra to use them (nice to consider, though, if you travel to Europe). The price is $999 from Amazon.com ($200 less than elsewhere). I recommend purchasing the cover for $17.99 additional. You can check out their website at magellangps.com

I was concerned about sticking it on the windshield with suction cups, but it's easy and there is no problem with vision. A couple of advantage to the Magellan 700: It's easy to use right out of the box. It takes 10 second to install or take apart, and you can use it in multiple cars. It's a reasonable compromise to consider.

Good luck.

EM

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just purchased a pre-owned 04 FX35 with the Touring and Sport packages 2 weeks ago and I also wish it had the Tech package, but like above, the price was too good to pass up.

Had I ordered a new one, I would have likely ordered the Touring and Tech packages.

That being said, I would also love to add Nav, but man, that's spendy. Thanks for the info regarding the Magellan 700; I'll have to look into that. :)

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Angela said:
I just purchased a pre-owned 04 FX35 with the Touring and Sport packages 2 weeks ago and I also wish it had the Tech package, but like above, the price was too good to pass up.

Had I ordered a new one, I would have likely ordered the Touring and Tech packages.

That being said, I would also love to add Nav, but man, that's spendy. Thanks for the info regarding the Magellan 700; I'll have to look into that. :)
You might also want to check out the Garmin IQue3600.
It works perfectly and also is a Palm Pilot (OS V. 5.2. 1r3) 22.8 Megs of room. They cost about half of the Magellan. I looked quite extensively into several different options before deciding on the Garmin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.