Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As posted here the new 6.3 software version is coming out in October. I don't think that we should have to pay all that $$ for an upgrade so here's an idea. These new Dual Layer DVD burners should be able to copy these discs. Anybody have one? Maybe we could kinda do a group buy where someone buys it and we give the "burner" like $30 or something each for a copy so it doesn't end up costing us all? Sorry if this offends anyone who isn't keen on the piracy type thing. I just don't think that we should have to pay such a steep upgrade price. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Maybe we just need to borrow one from a new M45 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Normally, I'd be all "Er, no!" but if 6.3 doesn't fix the fact that I can't find the nearest arbitrary ______ from where I am (how Zenrin was able to get away with that, I'll never know) I might just join you. I still plan on getting 6.3 regardless. I have an 03 that came with 6.1, so at least the map updates will be worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
uhh... i must be retarded... i have a navi disc in my fx.... lmao

ill make a backup copy of my navi disc... so u guys can find out if u can make ur own backup copies.. if for some odd reason you happen to ruin the disc u should never take out unless u are upgrading to the new one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
Aren't the blanks like $30, though?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
Hmm, heck of a lot cheaper than $180. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I got 6.2 on an 04', and took delivery in late november, wish i knew about it at the time, or i wouldn't have taken the car and made them upgrade the DVD. wish someone around here had 6.3.. I'd love to make a "backup" :)

johnmax said:
As posted here the new 6.3 software version is coming out in October. I don't think that we should have to pay all that $$ for an upgrade so here's an idea. These new Dual Layer DVD burners should be able to copy these discs. Anybody have one? Maybe we could kinda do a group buy where someone buys it and we give the "burner" like $30 or something each for a copy so it doesn't end up costing us all? Sorry if this offends anyone who isn't keen on the piracy type thing. I just don't think that we should have to pay such a steep upgrade price. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
mgalin said:
I got 6.2 on an 04', and took delivery in late november, wish i knew about it at the time, or i wouldn't have taken the car and made them upgrade the DVD. wish someone around here had 6.3.. I'd love to make a "backup" :)

johnmax said:
As posted here the new 6.3 software version is coming out in October. I don't think that we should have to pay all that $$ for an upgrade so here's an idea. These new Dual Layer DVD burners should be able to copy these discs. Anybody have one? Maybe we could kinda do a group buy where someone buys it and we give the "burner" like $30 or something each for a copy so it doesn't end up costing us all? Sorry if this offends anyone who isn't keen on the piracy type thing. I just don't think that we should have to pay such a steep upgrade price. :?
I just picked up my 2005 FX35 and I have the new 6.3 Navigation DVD. Since I haven't used the old version, I can't comment on what's new, but nevertheless it's awesome. Not knowing the limitations of the software, I went into Point of Interest and entered Costco. To my surprise, it pulled up 100 Costcos in California, and when I selected Info, it gave me their complete address and phone numbers. Amazing. Now only if the 2005 had bluetooth to work with my phone, but maybe in the years to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
zanary said:
Not knowing the limitations of the software, I went into Point of Interest and entered Costco. To my surprise, it pulled up 100 Costcos in California, and when I selected Info, it gave me their complete address and phone numbers. Amazing.
Great- now have it find the one closest to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
According to Zenrin CS rep 6.3 is almost identical, depending where you live, to 6.3. Version 6.4 is due in October and is supposed to be dramatically improved.....imho, just being able to navigate within a few miles of my home would be nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,159 Posts
bazooka said:
According to Zenrin CS rep 6.3 is almost identical ... to 6.3.
Heh. Let's hope so! (Did you really mean 6.1?)

Version 6.4 is due in October and is supposed to be dramatically improved
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard that before with every new release!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
Sorry, typo. 6.3 is almost identical to 6.2. I was told that 6.4 was going to be much improved when inquiring about purchasing 6.3. I hope it is for real.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Great- now have it find the one closest to you.
My 17 year old son just left Phoenix for a 6 week Rock band tour. I got him the Garmin Laptop Nav. product with the USB antenna. They made it to Dallas today and the GPS took them to the front door of the club for tonights gig.

He said they asked it to find a Wendy's resturant and it plotted a route the the closest one (I'm not even sure my FX can do that). Not bad for $129
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,097 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
He said they asked it to find a Wendy's resturant and it plotted a route the the closest one (I'm not even sure my FX can do that). Not bad for $129
The FX can do that by using the Quick Stop feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Does the new M navigation system use Zenrin? Is itcompatible with the FX? :?: May be we can use new M Nav software. Much better then 6.3 :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Version 6.4 is due in October and is supposed to be dramatically improved.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard that before with every new release!
When I spoke to the guys Zenrin, they indicated there's not much difference between 6.3 and the pending 6.4 other than a few corrections, and additions to the map.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top