Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
fxlr8 said:
ludenaa said:
oppasmurf said:
Yeah you need to have color LCD in order to install it. All 06 FX 35 comes with color LCD for back camera with or without nav.
you think i would be able to purchase a '06 LCD monitor and install it in my '05?
Not possible, connections and electronics are not the same. Best bet would be to go with an aftermarket screen and relocate the stock. Or you can go with a flip out system like rookie has in place of the clock.
great, thanx dude...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks oppasmurf,
If I don't need to have video playing, can I hook the GPS unit directly into the display and do away with the need for a video converter?

Thanks for the pics, looks great!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks oppasmurf for posting up all those pics and info. It's so funny cause I have the same media player.

·
Registered
58 Posts
wow what a great alternative.

Too bad mine has the brown screen :(

How are the electronics different? is it in the module itself? or the interface with the vehicle?

·
Registered
822 Posts
brilliant! absolutely brilliant.

Someone mentioned a group buy, set it up, I'm in!

I havent been this excited since I actully got the FX 7 months ago!

Opasmurf, any step by step write ups on the install proceedures, tips and techniques you can share???

·
Registered
31 Posts
oppasmurf said:
I have 06 fx 35 w/o nav. and I installed a video converter for fx 35 that I bought from ebay and Garmin GVN 52.
Wow!!

So is this something that can be turned on and off? What screen shows when its off?

How difficult is the installation? Whats involved?

And is the use of the remote pretty intuitive? Or very difficult?

Anyone know the difference between the GVN 52 and 53? All I see are 53s on ebay.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You guys know this post of oppa's is a year old?

Basically a nav-tv device with the Garmin nav that has a composite video out. Just like what I did in Frank's FX, but instead of Alpine oppa used the garmin. Pretty easy setup for you 06+ fxers.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Hey John... to get the Garmin or Alpine to do that nice switchover on the LCD when giving turn instructions, I assume you have to do some nifty wiring... in oppa's, it seemed like he just had a switch for either seeing the NAV info on the LCD or normal info...

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Well on the Alpine,it has a mute output so when it gives you voice prompts, that mute output triggers the navtv switcher to switch to the map, then after a couple seconds it returns to your normal screen. Also you can switch to the map via a switch whenever you want.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Does the Garmin do this too? This is a big thing for me cause it makes the NAV system look more stock...

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
^^^ That's the alternative Garmin unit we're talking about.

So far, I guess you can install the following to make your non-NAV FX have NAV capabilities:

Alpine 852A
Alpine 872A
Garmin GVN 53

You will still need a NAVTV device and someone who knows how to hook it all up together...

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
jacobag said:
Is there anyone out there that can share GVN 53 / 52 instructions and additional RGB harness componet and where one can find these additional componets I did find a great price $ 436 CND at http://www.wirelesshut.com/332917/11706825.html . I am really keen on doing this.. Help
Cheers
Ummm not sure what you mean on the RGB. The GVN has a composite video output. You would run that into a navtv device which would display the nav on your screen when the navtv is switched on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would I need to splice the audio RCA from Garmin and tap it into the bluetooth wire in order to mute the stereo during voice guide?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Use the mute output to tie into the BT on circuit, and i'd use the speaker output to tie into the BT audio path.

·
Registered
2 Posts
johnmax said:
Use the mute output to tie into the BT on circuit, and i'd use the speaker output to tie into the BT audio path.
Thanks John. So you have mute output going to two different places? One to BT to mute the radio and also NavTV to autotrigger the video guide.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
jjho73 said:
johnmax said:
Thanks John. So you have mute output going to two different places? One to BT to mute the radio and also NavTV to autotrigger the video guide.
exactly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great thread. I'm subscribed!

So does this 53 now 'fit' the screen? I see that it's got some adjustment capabilities that the 52 didn't have. Did this solve the issue? It also appears that we it will 'autoswitch' to the turn commands when needed with the mute output as a trigger to the NAV TV device, correct?

Finally, can the NavTV accept two inputs or would I need another type of switcher? If I do this I'd like to also incorporate a DVD player somewhere so that I can watch some movies on road trips!

Sorry-one more question. How would I incorporate an iPod into this whole setup? Factory options or can you plug in and control through the Garmin or something?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Kato said:
Finally, can the NavTV accept two inputs or would I need another type of switcher? If I do this I'd like to also incorporate a DVD player somewhere so that I can watch some movies on road trips!
Yes, NavTV has 2 inputs, one main input and a reverse camera input, which can be used as a second input. As in the matter of fact, the camera input would be perfect for the GVN input as it has a lead for reverse signal which you can use your mute signal with, leaving the main input for your DVD player or iPod.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts