Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well she did it to me, last night i told my wife lets go look for a new car for you since her lease ends in 6 months, we goto the infiniti dealer because i really like the M45 but she didnt like it(she says its too much of a man car) doesnt bother me..lol, anyway they sell infinit, volvo and jaguar, well we test drove the s60r and s80 and no go, short story we ended up with the jaguar s type, and i must say it is a really nice car, here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
My wife is due for a new car also. So what you're saying is I need to make sure I take her to an Infiniti dealer that doesn't sell something else. :wink:

I want her to look into a G35 Sedan. 8)

The Jag is nice looking, but you know what they say. Make sure you buy two, one to drive while the other is in the shop. :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I'm not "feelin' it" super dude :? If the M wasn't doin' it, ya shoulda tried the Lex!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really really hate lexus for the simple reason that my cousin made me hate it by telling me that his girlfreinds stupid rx is better than my fx so i vowed never ever to buy a toyo.., uh sorry lexus :twisted:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
The Jag is nice looking, but you know what they say. Make sure you buy two, one to drive while the other is in the shop. :)
My husband actually knew someone in San Clemente, CA who had two identical Jags for this very reason! :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
As an English person I can second that... we don't make the most reliable cars, good looking yes but reliable well not really... My friend has a Lotus Elise and it looks like they use all kinds of left over screws to put it togeather, he had a stereo installed and the car drove installer insane especially when he tried to put it back together and yes the installer is very good and works on top end cars all the time...

Jags are nice hope she enjoys it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my mother in law has had many many jags and no probs ever of course she has now moved on to the bentley continental GT:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
As an Englishman on this side of the pond I have to admit our motor industry has somewhat collapsed. Actually the biggest British owned car manufacturer now is the London Hackney Cab Company, good ole black cabs.
However, innovation, now thats summit else :)
Lotus,
TVR
MG
Caterham
Land Rover (real one NOT bleedin Discovery :twisted: )
Morgan
Grinnel
Triumph

etc. Just a shame the unions and japs killed off the industry.
I personally (when worked in family auto shop) refused to work on any more Jaguar XJS (or any V12's come to that)!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Other notable British Cars,

Rolls Royce
Bentley
Aston Martin
Ariel
Noble

We do make some bloody sporty, luxurious and well styled cars; we just seem to have a bit of a reliability issue.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...Gotta luv that dash chaps
They still use keys, do they? :roll:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Where's the cup holder for my 32oz plus size drink?? :shock: (maybe that's just an American thing) For this kind of money shouldn't these cars have more tech features like Navigation? :?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Silver Bullet, it's BRITISH, the teapot lives next to the passenger footwell :D :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dakine said:
Silver Bullet, it's BRITISH, the teapot lives next to the passenger footwell :D :lol: :lol:
I learn something new every day. So, continuing my British education.

You call the hood the Bonnet?
You call the trunk the Boot?
What do you call the hatchback on the FX??? :? 8)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Dakine said:
I learn something new every day. So, continuing my British education.

You call the hood the Bonnet?
You call the trunk the Boot?
What do you call the hatchback on the FX??? :? 8)
It would be the boot also, I would call any rear storage area on a car the boot... Now it gets a bit more confusing when you talk about rear engine cars IE 911

·
Registered
282 Posts
Love the jag

HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Resale value!

My dad had them exclusively back in the 70's, then very quickly changed to Benz in the 80's.

He has a auto business and regards, reliability, workmanship and resale the points when he owns a car (let alon sells one).

Jag lost their way (sorry to say), as did many British Manufacturers.

I worked on a brand new Morgan once (week old), need a stereo mod. I could not believe the fittings/workmanship on a coach built car that was on order for that long, VERY sad!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.