Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 62 degrees outside but my vents are blowing warm air. I didn't want to use the AC or open the windows to cool the interior down but I had to. What's up with that? Anyone else notice this or is there something wrong with my ventilation system?

·
Registered
662 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
It's 62 degrees outside but my vents are blowing warm air. I didn't want to use the AC or open the windows to cool the interior down but I had to. What's up with that? Anyone else notice this or is there something wrong with my ventilation system?
This subject has been covered but I don't recall exactly what the reason was. You may want to do "search" here or at FA.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure why this was moved to Engine and Drivetrain but I did do a search for this problem in FA. It seems the "fix" is to leave the A/C on and at Auto at all times. One poster said Infiniti designed it that way. I think he must work for Infiniti because that sounds like BS. Why the heck would you leave your A/C on when it's only 65 degrees outside? You'd want fresh outside air to blow in wouldn't you? When I turn my A/C off, the air blowing in is much warmer than the outside temp. I don't know what I can do about this besides talk to my sales rep but this isn't right. Leaving the A/C on makes the air in the cabin very dry and that's no good for folks who suffer from allergies.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You're right on both accounts, 1) it does belong under interior and exterior problems & 2) It is a "Problem" :( others will have to elaborate, I'm still dealing with this and having Defog issues too!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
One poster said Infiniti designed it that way. I think he must work for Infiniti because that sounds like BS.
... then where are my checks?

Face it- the system works with AC. If you don't like it, too **** bad.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kcrudup said:
cantdrv55 said:
One poster said Infiniti designed it that way. I think he must work for Infiniti because that sounds like BS.
... then where are my checks?

Face it- the system works with AC. If you don't like it, too **** bad.
If you are that poster on the FA board and you do not work for Infiniti, I apologize for insinuating that you do. I also applaud you for having the tolerance to live with the problem I described but don't tell me that if I don't like it then it's too **** bad. That's just not the sort of response I'd expect from a fellow owner. This may not be a big deal to you but it is for me. If you can't support me in this just don't respond to my posts, it's that simple. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
If you can't support me in this just don't respond to my posts, it's that simple.
Oh! Now you want "consideration"- this after seeing all the long, drawn-out explanations for what's happening in our HVAC systems, but the all the people trying to explain it to you "must work for Infiniti".

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please reread my original post. I accused one, just one poster, about working for Infiniti though there were a few who were trying to help find a solution. But they did not seem to be taking the complaint personally, unlike the one poster. BTW, I do not want nor need "consideration".

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
unlike the one poster.
Just call me "Kenny" like everyone else around here does.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Time for a peace summit at Hooters, boys? :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kcrudup said:
cantdrv55 said:
unlike the one poster.
Just call me "Kenny" like everyone else around here does.
Pleased to meet you Kenny. I know we got off on the wrong foot but I do appreciate your contribution on this topic here and at FA.

Thanks MustGoFastR for suggesting a peace summit.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Peace is good. ~ Man, for a while I thought this thread was gonna be full of hot air. :shock:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
It has not gotton into the low 60's yet here in Houston for me to check :roll: ; however I would not be surprised if it is indeed a design "feature" This exact same issue came up (in the MDX forums) several years ago when Acura first introduced the MDX - it did NOT a fresh air vent system. The air was warm since it was coming from the engine compartment.

·
Registered
706 Posts
This is all old news. The fresh air intake is behind the enclosed battery compartment. There is no way "fresh" air is going to get in there. Just deal with it people or create a new mod!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FXcellent said:
or create a new mod!
O.K. , Who's up for this? ...Sincity? Must.? Brad, Brad,, BRAD, man mute that beast!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
FXcellent said:
or create a new mod!
O.K. , Who's up for this? ...Sincity? Must.? Brad, Brad,, BRAD, man mute that beast!
maybe if you put you sub in front of the fresh air intake and point it back toward the car, you could get FI for fresh air :lol: ....of course it would only come in spurts and it would still be hot :?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
FXcellent said:
This is all old news. The fresh air intake is behind the enclosed battery compartment. There is no way "fresh" air is going to get in there. Just deal with it people or create a new mod!
I'm gonna have to take a look at the compartment. Would love to actually get fresh air instead of battery acid.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
It's nothing wrong with your air vent system, I once brought it up to my tech at Infiniti and he showed it to me where the "cold"air entering in the car, it's ridiculously located behind the hood near driver side windshield wiper... there's no way we can get the cold air from that location, just hot air from the engine bay instead :p I'm not sure about BMWs but Mercedes has same problem/design...and maybe this is why we hardly see them with windows down? I'm geting this info from my tech, any one has any other input?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did the same thing and took it back to the dealership just to be shown that it's impossible to get cool, FRESH air. It's a wierd design but it's apparently meant to be that way just as some folks here have said.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
phamgiaj said:
cantdrv55 said:
It's nothing wrong with your air vent system, I once brought it up to my tech at Infiniti and he showed it to me where the "cold"air entering in the car, it's ridiculously located behind the hood near driver side windshield wiper... there's no way we can get the cold air from that location, just hot air from the engine bay instead :p I'm not sure about BMWs but Mercedes has same problem/design...and maybe this is why we hardly see them with windows down? I'm geting this info from my tech, any one has any other input?
The vent shown in these pics may be intended to help get some fresh, outside air into the area, but this isn't where the outside air enters the cabin. Where it actually goes in is even more rediculously located behind the battery. If you look back there, you can see the opening and your in-cabin microfilter if you have one installed. If it's a huge issue to you, it probably wouldn't be too tough to fab up a duct that you could run to wherever you want to get colder air (under the car, perhaps?) and direct it to that location.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts