Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rented a U-haul trailer to go and pick up my new project: a Mame arcade cabinet. For those who don't know what mame is, it is a program you run on your PC that you can play tons of classic arcade games with. You can hook up joysticks, buttons and trackballs to work with the games. I'm going to put a pc in the cabinet, a 21" monitor, and some side art and have my own arcade!

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey that sounds cool.
I love Centipede/Millipede. How much would a project like that cost to do?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its pretty much done now. It has over 6,000 games on it including just about every arcade, snes, atari, and coleco game ever made. Still have to put more on there. Nice to play all those classics again. Especially without putting all those quarters in! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
That's awesome. I'd love to build one of those!

Matthew

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
just a word of caution.... you might get some paint fade off the magnetic ribbon if left on too long.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JayDub said:
Do you have problems getting rid of guest?
It was a real hit for Super Bowl Sunday. Everyone was fighting over who was next. They were even putting their quarters up on the machine!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun.
How long did it take you to put it together?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
about 2 weeks of after work time.

·
Registered
779 Posts
johnmax said:
about 2 weeks of after work time.
Thanks johnmax. You got me hooked on MAME. I'm doing research on it right now and who knows, maybe I get to build one later this year... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts