Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 AWD FX35 w/ 22k miles on it, touring pkg & 72mo/82k extended warranty from a private party :) It is non-tech and first mod is going to be relocating the amber screen and replacing it with a 7" xenarc VGA touchscreen with a PC using the RoadRunner front end w/ iGuidance Nav, MP3s, Video (divx/wmv/dvd), and XM Radio!

Here are some pics of the PC install currently in my 240sx... I'll be using the same software in the FX.

Mp3:

XM Radio:

Nav:

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Congrats on the FX! That's a clean looking 240sx from what I can see too. Would you happen to have any more pics of that?

Good taste in music by the way...

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
'grats!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where did you mount the display?

BTW - Nice ride....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rayneraingoaway said:
Congrats on the FX! That's a clean looking 240sx from what I can see too. Would you happen to have any more pics of that?

Good taste in music by the way...
Last week:

~1yr ago:

This was when I used to have a CF hood and a hacked up fan shroud. Since htne I got in an accident and had the entire car painted and now have an OEM hood, however I may pick up another CF hood :)

Engine:
F-Max t3/t04 turbo setup
-everything is HPC coated inside and out including intercooler piping
JWT fuel rail
SS fuel supply line
Walbro 255lph HP fuel pump
Z32 fuel filter
MSD 50lb injectors (72lb soon)
Cobra MAFS
JWT 8.5:1/Cobra/50lb injector ECU Program
3" SS SR20 DP, 3" catco high-flow CAT
Magnecore plug wires
NGK PFR6G-11 platinum plugs
Ross 8.5:1 forged Pistons (.020 over)
Total Seal Rings
Full floating wrist pins
Pauter Forged Rods
Fully balanced rotating assembly
OEM bearings
Apexi N1 exhaust
t3 turbo blanket/heat shield

Cooling:
OEM Water pump
Nismo Thermostat and 1.3 bar rad cap
OEM Radiator
15% coolant + water wetter

Performance Electronics/Gauges:
Greddy Profec B Spec 2 EBC
Greddy Turbo Timer
WBo2.com 2A0 Wideband o2/datalogger
-logs 3 user 0-5v inputs,3 thermocouples, rpm, and LAMBDA (AFR)
-only 1 user input used right now - GM 3 bar MAP (boost)
Autometer EGT/Boost gauges

Suspension:
Cusco STB
Tein Flex + EDFC (control dampening from inside)
Suspension techniques front/rear sways

Wheels/tires:
Fn01R-C's (hyper black)Front 17x8 25mm offset, Rear 17x9 35mm offset
Falken Azenis ST115 All arround
- Front 225/45/17
- Rear 245/40/17

Exterior: (full factory aero)
Navan front bumper
- with clear front turn signals, clear navan side markers
Navan wing
Navan side skirts

Lighting:
GDM glass zenki lights WITH motorized control :D
E-bay Hella Ballast + Philips Bulb HID setup

Stereo:
2x Zapco Z100 competition amps
Alumapro BP10 sub - easily removed for the track

Computer:
Opus 150W PSU, VIA EPIA M10000, GPS nav, XM, Wideband o2, non-mech in-dash display from digitalww.com...

I did all of the work on the 240 myself!

Most recent dyno sheet:

314RWHP/273TQ with a VERY rich AFR (~10:1)!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WiFi_FX35 said:
Where did you mount the display?

BTW - Nice ride....
I'm going to install a xenarc where the info display is and move the info display to the clock location... I should have the system completely installed by mid december...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rayneraingoaway said:
Man, that is one VERY clean looking 240sx. Turbo KA eh? Never thought of doing the SR swap?
SR vs. KA is a hotly debated topic lol... there are arguments on each side. But 2.4L vs. 2.0L, I'll take the KA any day :)

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
now that's pure f%$&en genius! congrats! how much for everything if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are the hardware components:

Opus Solutions MPC.ITX.CP case - $300
- 120W DC-DC PSU, built for vehicle environment, IE when I turn off the car the computer hibernates, when I turn the car back on it resumes.

VIA Epia MII 12000 - $150
- 1.2GHz low-power cpu, onboard mpeg2 decoder, audio, video, etc. This board does everything you'd ever need in a car!
- 512mb ram - $70
- 60GB 7200rpm hitachi laptop harddrive - $100
- CDRW/DVD slot loading drive - $80
- xenarc 700TSV 7" touch screen (USB) - $390
- Bu-353 GPS (usb) - $75
- XMPCR XM radio (usb) - $50
- Verizon V620 Broadband pcmcia card (up to 600kbps!) (work)
- PAC-NIS for audio connection to bose system - $50
- just ordered a 2.4GHz tiny wireless keyboard (Ione p20, usb) - $50

For power, I just spliced into the power source for the bose amp, the amp has a line that runs directly to the battery on its own 20amp fuse (far more than that amp and the computer combined will ever draw!) I used the AMP ON wire as the ACC signal wire to the carpc... So I didn't have to run any power line from the battery lol. If I blow the fuse ever, I'll replace it and run a dedicated line but I don't think that will happen.

Software:
- Windows XP Pro $100
- Road Runner open source frontend (very cool software for carpc) free
- iGuidance 2.0 nav (there is a newer ver out!) $100
- Winamp (Roadrunner uses winamp as its media backend) free
- I used CBROM and awbmtools to change the award bios, I'll post pics of that later, but basically I changed the bios boot screen and windows startup screen to a pic of the FX grill :D

- startup time is generally less than 30 seconds.... If I used standby mode it ccould be as low as 5 seconds. The more memory you have, the slower it is when resuming from hibernation!

Total cost was about $1,515.. it can definately be done cheaper, but my setup is flawless ;)

Going forward I'm going to install a rear-view cam and I'm going to play around with sending/receiving data from the CAN bus in the fx.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cube said:
Camera... does it go straight into an A/V input to the screen, or is the camera connected to your pc?

Any specs on the camera w/ price?
Its a e-bay CCD camera from "yanlab":
Click here to see one for auction now.

The cam is made to go into a keyhole, I drilled a 1" hole in the hatch door for it :twisted:

The screen I have has 2 video inputs, V1 and V2. When you have the screen in any other mode and V2 becomes valid (IE the camera video source is there) the display automatically switches to it. I put a relay on the video source and connected the relay to the reverse light wiring harness in the back, so when the car is not in reverse, the monitor has the cam signal on the V1 input, when it is put in reverse it has input on V2.

So if I'm in PC mode on the display and then I put the FX in reverse, V2 comes up and the display switches to the cam, then when I shift out of reverse it goes back to PC mode :) Otherwise at any time I can switch the display to V1 mode to see the camera view while driving.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts