Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting at the drive-thru window yesterday, picking up my lunch order, and "Wham!", the guy behind me smacks my FX in the rear bumper. I get out and he says his foot slipped off the clutch. WTF? :evil:

As you can see, I now have an impression of an '02 Honda Accord license plate in my rear bumper. :(

I'm waiting on a call from my insurance guy and I'm guessing the whole bumper will have to be replaced. It's a shame, really, since the damage is just in the lower (gray) part and the upper part is still pristine (but I think it's all one piece or glued together). Anyway, it won't cost me anything but I'll bet that it's probably a $800-$900 repair.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I was rear ended last December on 880 and I had the whole rear bumper, exhaust replaced. I can dig out my invoice to see what parts they have replaced. Also, I can recommend B&S Hacienda as they did a great job on mine and they are in Livermore too.

·
Registered
325 Posts
particlefx said:
I'm scheduled to drop the FX off at B&S (in Livermore) next Monday. It will take 2-3 days to repair due to painting.

FYI: Repair cost: $904
Are they just replace and paint the bumper?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Since you've got the tow package, get one of these

They make great anti-rearender motivators. :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
particlefx said:
Cool! I could of dragged that sucker right out of the drive-thru (or at least have torn his bumper off!). :twisted:
I de-cored a radiator with mine once. Never even scratched the paint on my Jeep.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
particlefx said:
Yep.

$301 for a new bumper
$ 98 for paint
$ 10 misc parts
$460 for labor
$ 34 for tax on parts and materials
--------
$903.48

Living in asia you all of a sudden would forget how much labor costs are. For that much I can get half the car repainted.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know what you mean, however the labor cost in that estimate was not just for painting; it included removing the old bumper and associated parts, painting, and then the installation of the new bumper and parts. It also allowed for sheetmetal and other mechanical work if needed. I certainly agree, though, that labor is generally more expensive here than in Taiwan. Speaking of which, I really need to go visit there again. I didn't have time on my last trip to see the east coast. Maybe I can bring some parts. :wink: 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Would love that, need all the tax free parts I can get.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts