Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so I made my move. 2004 FX45 with Technology Package; Diamond Graphite on the outside, black leather on the inside, only 31 miles on. I paid $6000 under invoice and I am happy. Pictures are coming soon... :D

A few comments based on 3 days of owning the fx...
- The break-in period is killing me!
- I love the engine sound, it sounds like an "exotic"
- Interior is very quiet and elegant
- Handling is out of this world (for the size and type of a vehicle)
- Stereo is really nice and sure beats Harmon Kardon (compared to 1999 3-series)
- The more I drive it, the more I like it
- Technology package is a nice toy although you can leave without it
- Backup camera is very useful when parking in tight spots

Now here are a few negative comments...
- The break-in period is killing me!
- There is a rattle coming from the center console. It goes away once you rest your hand on it. As soon as you let it go, the rattle comes back. Have anyone seen this before?
- Heated seats are very weak as compared to any other car I've driven (3-series, rx300, passat). Can anyone comment please? I have a feeling that they are not working properly...

I sold my junk bmw because I had to take it to the shop 19 times in 3 years & 10 months that I owned that car (some problems minor, some major). I don't want to sound too pesimistic but based on the negative comments above, Infiniti not starting out too good right now... :?

Also, if possible, I have these questions... I could create 5 different thread but I figured that I would create one big one instead...
I am asking you, my fellow FX-ers please help with the following:

1. Anyone knows answers to the 2 questions above?
2. When turning AUTO (hvac) on, A/C turns on as default. Can this be changed?
3. Nav. warning message appears every time when the car is started. Can this be disabled?
4. Tire pressure reader shows 4 readings but does not specify which one is which. I wonder why Infiniti implemented it this way instead of labeling each tire and showing corresponding reading?
5. How many miles can you drive for after EMPTY light comes on but before you run out of gas?

Please help with these... I appreciate your help very much. Thank you

Kris (aka Mr. 1000) :)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
krzys4 said:
The break-in period is killing me!
There's a very good school of driving that says "drive it like you would anyway during the break-in period". I did this, and lose very little oil between changes and have no engine problems.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
krzys4 said:
No, and you shoudn't worry about it (people are confused by their old way of thinking).

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Center console rattle + Search = Felt. ~ Your Butt will Heat the Leather, before the H. seats heats your butt. #'s 3, 4, 5 & beyond + Search = results + You get to Know and love your car better.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
- There is a rattle coming from the center console. It goes away once you rest your hand on it. As soon as you let it go, the rattle comes back. Have anyone seen this before?

Common problem: the center console with 1000 moving parts. Adhesive backed felt, a pair of scissors and some trial and error will fix this.

- Heated seats are very weak as compared to any other car I've driven (3-series, rx300, passat). Can anyone comment please? I have a feeling that they are not working properly...

They're fine. Others have noted they don't seem to work as well as other cars they've had. I also think they are variable dependant on ambiant temperature. They'll roast my butt in 30 deg weather, but just get luke warn if it's in the upper 50s. They also cycle on and off.

No.

3. Nav. warning message appears every time when the car is started. Can this be disabled?

Yes: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1434 Works great.

4. Tire pressure reader shows 4 readings but does not specify which one is which. I wonder why Infiniti implemented it this way instead of labeling each tire and showing corresponding reading?

Because they move when you rotate tires.

5. How many miles can you drive for after EMPTY light comes on but before you run out of gas?

Not sure on that one, but others have noted they have approx. 1-2 gallons left once the DTE display goes to "****".

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much MustGoFastR. Now I can sleep tonight. :) Trust me, after owning a car that used to break or cause problems every few months (leaky doors, squicky windows, high frequency belt noises, rattles from transmission, and the list goes on and on...) my ears are well trained now 8)

Again, thank you.

Kris

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No prob. Asside from the console rattle, I've had zero issues, as have many of us here, so relax and enjoy the ride! 8)

·
Registered
185 Posts
another comment Kris, at 31 miles for 3 days of ownership, your break in period will last forever so better get you a$$ in that car and DRIVE
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL... Yes sir, sorry sir!!! :)
Actually, what I meant to say was that when I purchased the car it had 31 miles (car was traded from one dealer to another)... Right now it is at about 200+

1 - 9 of 9 Posts