Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
wow!

very nice job.

ive been thinking about mounting options for mine too, but i have to say that i listen to SAT more than my discs or iPOD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Man! I like your install also. Get some rest!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
rctoon said:
Thanks Man! I like your install also. Get some rest!
we should have pooled the talents of the fx.org folks together and competed in the xPrize contest 8) we might not have made it into space, but the rocket sure would have a cool sound system, 10K hids and a GRROWWLLL with the z-tube and JWT CAI :lol:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
bradical said:
True they would have been in there but because the luminosity of the 10K HIDs is not as great as stock we probably would have crashed into one of the other entries. :)

Nice job rctoon, *very* clean, love the mount of the iPod dock in front of the ashtray. :thumbleft:

·
Registered
73 Posts
did you use the Monster iCarPlay - FM Transmitter? or the Belkin one. I ask because im getting an ipod for christmas and dont want all the hassel of ripping out the dash. I just want to know if its worth the money, and how the sound quality is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hard wired it into the AUX DVD in the ceter consol the monter cable was just used for charging. Sound quilityu is CD quality. I used itrip Cassette Ect. nothing sounds as good.

-Ryan

·
Registered
551 Posts
RCtoon,
nice job....i have my 40gig into the dvd aux (RCA) could you tell how you hard wired the rca input >

thx :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does your dvd sound go through an FM transmitter or through the normal stereo. I have an aftermarket DVD that goes through the FM transmitter and I was just wondering if I were to put the ipod through the dvd player if it would sound better or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
rctoon said:
I hard wired it into the AUX DVD in the ceter consol the monter cable was just used for charging. Sound quilityu is CD quality. I used itrip Cassette Ect. nothing sounds as good.

-Ryan
Awesome job!

But I am a little confused. I have an FX45 with premium and tech package, but no OEM DVD option. Would I still be able to hard wire it in like that?

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
rctoon said:
This is my Ipod install from collecting info from the forums. Thanks to everyone. click on the link below to view all photos.

http://homepage.mac.com/neuron001/ebay_sells/PhotoAlbum36.html
WOW. How do you open the ashtray? Is the Dock mounted onto the ashtray?

please post pics!!! and if you can make a DIY for us that would be great!!! (PS what color paint did you sue for the dock?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts