Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home Monday from taking my daughter to school. Made a left at a stop sign and :shock: :shock: :shock: I got broadsided by a very big tow truck (the ones that tow semis). After the screetching stopped I stumbled out and got my five year old son from the back seat.....and we walked away. We of course went to ER for treatment, x-ray etc. A few sore muscles and bruises but we're okay. The truck was travelling about 50 mph and pushed us about 75 feet. The skid marks indicate that he didn't brake until a few feet before the impact. The aribags deployed, the car held up remarkably well and really saved us. My son was in a Britax Bodyguard booster seat for you parents out there. It is specifically designed for side impact protection. It has side bolsters and it snuggly wraps around the head to keep the body in place in this type of accident. Thank god he was in it.

Some good news, My insurance company totalled the vehicle and today I'll be getting my 05 FX45. Same packages as before, Tech, Premium, DVD, Chromies. What I'm most excited about is the improved graphite seats and the smaller key fob! :lol:

Here are a couple photos take with a cameraphone so their grainy. I don't know why it posted the photos twice but here they are...

It's comforting to know that we're all driving a well-made vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
This is at least the 5th crashed FX I've seen between here and on FA, and in every case, no matter how severe the crash (there's even been rollovers!), the drivers walk away with the car taking all the impact.

"Safety" is the last thing I ever pay attention to when buying a car, but it's nice to know that we got one that seems to be pretty **** rock-solid. Anyone remember the FX crash videos that were posted to FA?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Wow, glad you and your son came out alright. Probably a good thing he smacked you more toward the front end as opposed to square on the side of the passenger compartment; that is one big truck! FX looks to have taken it well, though. So was it a 4-way stop and the guy ran it?

*side note* your pics did not post twice, though I have noticed recently that they appear to on the preview message screen. I'll alert the brass on this bug.

·
Registered
329 Posts
good

def. glad you are ok, you should pull out your clear tail lights, and the 3 good chromies if you can and auction them on EBAY and maybe even the K&N for your new 45

good noone was hurt stupid tow truck driver.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Man glad you and your son were o.k. It makes me feel safe though to drive my kids around in my car seeing how well the fx heldup to that monster tow truck.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Glad you and your son are ok. Great to know that FX's safe to be in.

Jim

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
WOW, Glad you and your SON are ok!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
OMG :shock:

Glad your and your sone came out okay.

Where was the car seat in the back?
Was it in the middle, behide you or the passenger side?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hate seeing car accidents. Glade that you and your son are ok.
Just be thankful that no one was hurt. That's good the insurance company not gonna try and fix it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There were car seats on both driver and passenger sides. My son was behind the driver, my daughter had just been dropped off at school.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
How far did it crunch in on the rear passenger side?

That is where my daughters seat is.

Thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
Glad you and your little boy are ok. Whenever I carry my kids(6 & 8 yrs old) in the back, I always try to be extra careful of my driving and other cars around me.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Wow- look at the damage to the center console(!) in the first inside shot!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.