Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have my first consistent rattle/vibration noise coming from the front of the passenger side door where it meets the dash, around the bottom of the A pillar. When I am driving on the highway or slightly rough roads the vibration sound will be pretty steady.
Here's the weird part, when the steering wheel is on center or any amount to the left, the sound is there. As soon as the wheel passes center and goes any amount to the right and the sound stops. It's almost like the flexing of the car when it leans affects whatever is making the sound, even to the most minimal changes of the wheel.
When I first heard the sound it was only occasional, now it is very frequent. I first thought it was the pass door rubbing against the dash, but not sure.
I'll be telling the service tech when I go in for my 3K oil change, but i was wondering what ideas you guys had.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Best way I've found to locate and eliminate rattles is have someone else drive you around while you hunt for it and experiment with placing adhesive backed felt in the offending places until it is eliminated. I've completely quieted my "center consol of 1000 moving parts" in this way. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
A couple of things to check yourself.

First, Make sure it is not the glove box. I had a vibration that I swore was coming from the passenger door but it was the glove box. Press on it while driving to check.

Second, if it sounds like a tick, tick or tap tap noise then post again for possible solution.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I had one that sounded like that too> Kinda like the stainless on the doorhandle was making noise.

It ended up being...my sunglasses in the sunglass holder in the overhead console.

I would have sworn it was coming from the passenger front door.

·
Registered
286 Posts
particlefx said:
ha ha ha ha LOL
that link is too funny
and i thought all them there car dealerships/service dept. first line of defense is we know nothing, we here nothing, no one has ever mentioned any rattle ever ever on this planet, are you sure there is a rattle, can you duplicate it,
again no one ever ever had a rattle ever ever yada yada yada

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I did read those other ones, but forgot the specifics in them, they're helpful.
Nothing in my sunglass holder, just manuals in glovebox, I've done the "lean over an put pressure on" the A pillar, door handles, dash areas, etc. Adjust/open/close fan vent on that side.
I think the battery compartment is my next shot after seeing all the posts about the loose cover area.
Thanks alot and hopefully I can get to it soon and figure it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts