Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my FX. It's a 2004 FX45 Black on Brick with tech package, 8000 miles and excellant condition. I thought the guy was going to cry as I drove off.

It's been a long journey. I was in college when the concept came out. I got my first job as they announced production. I followed that other forum faithfully as the first models rolled out but I haven't been able to afford one till now, actually I still can't afford it but that never stopped me before.

I picked it up yesterday in NY and drove it home it that great weather the North East has been having lately. It performed flawlessly. My wife was behind me in a Mini Cooper and told me to slow down (even though I was going well below the speed limit) as her car was all over the road from the wind and rain. 6 hours later I was home safe and sound. Now I just have to sell my Motorcycle to make room in the garage. If anyone is interested its at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 4540030602

I'd like to thank this forum and all it's members for all the helpful information I recieved. I looked at every make and model form $20,000 to $60,000 MSRP. I even had a 2005 Mustang GT ordered but cancelled it since I knew after a few months I would see them everywhere. Even after 3 model years the competition just doesn't put out something that moves me the same way.

I tried posting some pics but they are way too large. If I reduce them down to 125kb the image gets very distorted. I'll try to post some again when I get it all clean as I just ordered the Zaino Ultimate kit.

Can anyone recommend a tire cleaner that will easily remove the mud from my trip home?

·
Registered
527 Posts
What kind of deal did you get on it?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats on your new FX. Good choice. A lot safer than your Ducati. :)

Your Zaino kit will include Z7 car wash. This solution along with a brush and some elbow grease will take care of those tires. I personally don't like to use tire dressing as it just becomes a magnet for dirt and road dust. 8)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I paid $40,000 from a private party. Cargo mat, wheel locks, and 7500 mile service with a complete detail was just done. I've looked at a few 2003's that had 15k on ebay that ended up going for the same price so I figured it was a decent deal. I also ended up paying $700 for the elite 7/100.000 mile warranty. He could have turned it in to Nissan for a refund of around $1400. I called to check on this and it was true.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Congratulations on your FX!

To clean my wheels I just use whatever I'm washing the car with and then spray them with whatever "Tire Wet" product I happen to have handy, and that usually brings 'em back to black pretty well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I'll miss it. I actually drove 10 hours to Kentucky to buy it. It is a really nice bike but FX or Bike. No money or room for both. I just went to purchase the all weather mats and K&N filter from Grubbs. Great price for the mats at $69.99 but shipping was $40 for ground. Looks like I'll go to the dealer and pay $89.99 for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.