Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I purchase a used 2010-2014 radio with bluetooth, and will it be a plug n play ? Do I only purchase the radio or also the screen too ? Or is there an alternative solution ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't think that you can swap the head units. A simple solution would be to just use something like this.

Or this and use a cable adaptor to connecto to the rca connection in the centre console armrest, then use aux music.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New member, first post:

As a Xenial (sp?) I am allergic to technology, but also obsessed with it. I can't NOT have Bluetooth in my vehicles. That said, I like the stock UI and stereo. Here's my fix:

Cig/accessory plug:
Plug

Marine style Bluetooth receiver:
Receiver

Splice in your chosen fashion; I prefer soldering. Thankfully, there's an accessory power port right next to the aux port in the center console.
The benefit to this setup is that you never have to recharge, and it turns on with the vehicle. No fiddling about with power buttons. Also, it's rca so the sound quality SHOULD be better (in theory).

·
Registered
6 Posts
it's in the owner's manual chapter 4-81 .if you don't have an owner's manual let me know and i could scan and send the appropriate pages

·
Registered
105 Posts
The car has bluetooth for phone calls only. Music will not work through bluetooth. You will need to use an aftermarket bluetooth module like I posted above. You connect it to the rca connectors in the center armrest then use the aux setting on your sysem.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can I purchase a used 2010-2014 radio with bluetooth, and will it be a plug n play ? Do I only purchase the radio or also the screen too ? Or is there an alternative solution ?
You have Bluetooth for phone but if you want to stream music, CarPlay, phone, Nav, etc. then one of your best options are the Tesla unit for Infinity FX/35/37/50/QX70. Here’s the link and there are a ton of YouTube vids on install (professional and DIY) and operation.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for that. As expected, unless I'm reading wrong, the bluetooth in the vehicle is for phone calls only. The module I made allows for streaming audio.
Yeah Bluetooth 2.0 (audio) was relatively new back then and my 2006 didn’t have it as well. What I ended up doing was stumbling across and buying the USA Spec BT-NIS adapter couple of years ago. Amazon is selling them for $132.56 right now. This is all you need. You’ll have to take the dash apart to connect the module to the radio, but it isn’t hard. There are YouTube videos out there to walk you through the process. The only cons I’ve come across since using it were that at startup you’ll hear “Connected” when the vehicle starts and the device first comes on. Also, you won’t be able to control skipping songs via the steering wheel. Besides that over the last couple years I haven’t had any issues and the device has worked flawlessly. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depending on the route you wanted to go, you could do a complete nav conversion with a harness adapter kit. That would give you bluetooth plus an host of other newer/improved features. You'd just need the NAV parts themselves from a 2010-2017 vehicle, depending.

Four Parts Typically Required:
(1) Touch Screen Display (2) Control Panel Buttons
(3) Faceplate / Climate Panel (4) NAV Unit / Radio Receiver

If you can confirm whether your FX is an '09 with our wiithout nav I can tell you exactly what parts you can use for the upgrade conversion. Also let me know if your interested in acquiring a harness adapter kit. Either way, I'd be happy to help you sort it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts