Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Started a month ago, my 2006 foxy35 starting to jerk when I accelerate, from complete stop at the traffic light or stop sign馃槪I was informed that need to check transmission fluid, but my mechanic said the fluid is good, I always up to date on my baby, 馃様i just don't like the feeling when I'm driving her馃檲should i be concerned?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,
Started a month ago, my 2006 foxy35 starting to jerk when I accelerate, from complete stop at the traffic light or stop sign馃槪I was informed that need to check transmission fluid, but my mechanic said the fluid is good, I always up to date on my baby, 馃様i just don't like the feeling when I'm driving her馃檲should i be concerned? View attachment 19868 View attachment 19869
You may have a seizing brake caliper that finally let's go when you get moving. Can make a jerking feeling.
You may have a seizing brake caliper that finally let's go when you get moving. Can make a jerking feeling.
Is that something normal or I should say others experience it?

Registered
Jerking from a standstill could be many thing, from an engine problem, fuel pump, transmission, brake issues, etc. You will have to try to narrow it down so you aren't just throwing money around. First thing to do is to have the OBD2 codes read. Even if the check engine light isn't on, there could be pending codes that may point you in the right direction. Put your hand on the shifter when you are at a stop and starting to accelerate. You may be able to feel that the jerk is in the transmission.

Best of luck,

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Is that something normal or I should say others experience it?
Jerking from a standstill could be many thing, from an engine problem, fuel pump, transmission, brake issues, etc. You will have to try to narrow it down so you aren't just throwing money around. First thing to do is to have the OBD2 codes read. Even if the check engine light isn't on, there could be pending codes that may point you in the right direction. Put your hand on the shifter when you are at a stop and starting to accelerate. You may be able to feel that the jerk is in the transmission.

Best of luck,
I'll try to do what you suggested it today, I wish I can explain it better about the jerking part, I'm a single mom, romany other thing to taking care of beside the car, but again, since foxy is my baby, made me really want to know more about her馃槉馃榿and, I don't know much about cars, so yes I could always take it to my mechanic, but I would love to know a little things or two about my foxy.
Thank you for your input and suggestions, greatly appreciate it. Have a blessed Sunday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts