Infiniti FX Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks Jaak and Scott. I think what this points up is what a demand there is for integrating cell phone functionality in cars. As a family doc, it is essential to me. High end Lexuses (Lexi?) have integrated bluetooth and it probably costs all of $50 for manufacturers to include this feature. Heck, I think I paid $2000 extra for a factory installed Motorola StarTac in my 2000 CLK430 - which was the biggest ripoff I happily paid at the time. Come to think of it, everything was a ripoff with Mercedes :?

The FX is a marvel, but I guess I'm just not overly impressed that the "Tech" package in an FX doesn't have bluetooth or auto locking doors on drive-off.

Hey Jaak, if you want a chuckle, go back to page 2 of this thread where my NAV screen is showing and look at my outdoor temperature gauge 8)

I should also tell everyone that Jaak is the engineer who first brought us the connector diagrams for his Murano and which are posted in a link above. He disassembled his entire Murano radio and was the first to install the Satellite module. We have all benefitted from his smarts.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Here is a possible way to reinsert NAV audio during a cell call. I'm going to try it at some point (thanks Jaak!). IOW, potential NAV audio comes out of the right speakers and cell audio out of the left speakers when the relays are thrown. I believe the NAV audio plus is a violet wire to pin 36 and NAV audio minus is a light green wire to pin 34 on the NAV connector - once again see Jaak's Murano wiring diagrams - http://members.rogers.com/muran0/Connector%20Info.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
SDGuy said:
Thanks Jaak and Scott. I think what this points up is what a demand there is for integrating cell phone functionality in cars. As a family doc, it is essential to me. High end Lexuses (Lexi?) have integrated bluetooth and it probably costs all of $50 for manufacturers to include this feature. Heck, I think I paid $2000 extra for a factory installed Motorola StarTac in my 2000 CLK430 - which was the biggest ripoff I happily paid at the time. Come to think of it, everything was a ripoff with Mercedes :?

The FX is a marvel, but I guess I'm just not overly impressed that the "Tech" package in an FX doesn't have bluetooth or auto locking doors on drive-off.

Hey Jaak, if you want a chuckle, go back to page 2 of this thread where my NAV screen is showing and look at my outdoor temperature gauge 8)

I should also tell everyone that Jaak is the engineer who first brought us the connector diagrams for his Murano and which are posted in a link above. He disassembled his entire Murano radio and was the first to install the Satellite module. We have all benefitted from his smarts.....
Wow, I haven't been back since my last post, but I'm happy I did... Look, my head's getting bigger.... LOL

There's Cell Phone connectivity designed into the radio, but not all the parts are stuffed in. I don't know if there's a difference in what's stuffed into the mighty FX vs. the Murano, but most of it is similar if not identical.

Looking deeper at this is on my list, but currently I'm working out the details of "faking" a SAT receiver so that any other audio source can be attached on that same port. I'm at a point where I'm going to try some commands this weekend and see if the radio takes them, just to confirm my understanding of the interface.

I'm also going to do the SDguy interface, once I get myself into an audio store to get the connectors. Ahh... So much playing to do and so little time... :D

As far as the temperature on your display..... 74? What's that. Is that possible? (OK, been way too long, time to visit CA again....)

·
Registered
123 Posts
WoW!

This is the most information I have found about the Bose radio. I plan to replace the front speakers along with the amp and have been looking for info and this thread is great.

Has anyone found where the amp is located?

·
Registered
325 Posts
The amp is located in the cargo area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
shajan said:
WoW!

This is the most information I have found about the Bose radio. I plan to replace the front speakers along with the amp and have been looking for info and this thread is great.

Has anyone found where the amp is located?
You want to see more info, check out my web site on the Murano, 'cause most of it's the same. Also, there's some really interesting things happening in the Audio forum at nissanmurano.org

·
Registered
123 Posts
Jaak, you don't come here often do you :)

Actually, I emailed you to get some info about this a while ago and you gladly helped me. Thank you again. My amp and sub have been functioning well for a few months now.

I'm keenly following your website and your posts at the murano.org. I'd like to put a carputer in the FX and use the stock NAV screen. I hope you get your Clarion interface to work. That would be so cool.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I too would like to tap into a mute pin with my cell phone car kit. I would imagine that the head unit must have one available. I think that's how the Nav voice mutes the radio a couple of seconds before speaking. If nothing else, is it posible to tap into the Mute/Pause button?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello everyone ... you guys seem to know more about radios ... SDGuy, great work ... this is a little off topic but someone might know something ... is there a way to make the radio seek all frequencies ... even and odd ... like 90.0-90.1-90.2-90.3 and so on ... I asked the dealership if there was a way but they had now idea "not surprised” please advice ... thanks and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
60 Posts
GAMacky said:
I too would like to tap into a mute pin with my cell phone car kit. I would imagine that the head unit must have one available. I think that's how the Nav voice mutes the radio a couple of seconds before speaking. If nothing else, is it posible to tap into the Mute/Pause button?
Not sure what you are saying... the point of the mod referred to here is to deal with the fact that there is no easy way to mute the head unit and, in addition, also provide a way to use the existing speakers. All of the buttons on the Nav/HVAC/Audio panel in the dash communicate over essentially 2 wires to the display control unit (DCU) and the DCU communicates over 2 wires to the audio unit.

It might be possible to do something to use the mute button to send a signal to mute, but I suspect that would require a pulse to set up muting and a pulse to turn off the muting. That implies some electronics since I would assume the cell phone unit sends a signal when things need to be muted and it stays on until things should not be muted.

The system is just not friendly to cell kits and requires some significant work to get things to work the way you might want.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts