Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Your old FX has headed West, keep us posted on your hunt :shock: ...least ya could do is show us a picture of the broken down saturn beater :) Or how about the X-terra?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i wanna see that saturn on 20's ;)

i used to own a '95 SL1 manual. got a good 125K miles on it and never had to replace the clutch or brakes :shock:

im sure things have changed with staurn since then.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:roll: I ended up picking up an '00 Mazda Protege' as a beater. WAY too emabrassing to post a pic of. Pretty **** sad when the Xterra feels fast to me now... :( Right now I'm resisting the urge to hunt hard for the perfect M3; I need to save up a few months first. Thanks for thinkin' of me, though... :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
so...what is BMWs plan for the M3 with the new bangle design? im assuming that you are going for the current body design?

i have to say that at first i hated the new 5 series, but lately i have seen a few 540i's out there and with the big wheels (and body kit ?) they look really nice. i wonder what the new M3 will look like...

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've seen Alpina 5-series and it looked plain delicious. And the new 3-series seems pretty subdued compared to, say, the 6-series. It would be followed by a M3 with 4.0 380HP V8. Which Audi plans to counter with 420HP V8 S4. Lately, the Germans appear to have been stung in the arse by an Italian horsepower bug, I'll tell ya 8) .

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yeah, the E90 3 series does absolutely nothing for me aesthetically. While I've gotten used to the rest of the Bangle line-up, the E90 just has no agressiveness to it at all, IMO; I love the E46 M3 and will stick with it. The new one may be more powerful, but it'll also be larger and heavier, so likely only marginally faster. Plus it'll have all the anoying I-drive techno crap that I'd rather do without in a car such as that. I'll be looking for a '03.5 or '04 Titanium Silver 6MT coupe with low miles when the time comes. Until then, having a beater isn't actually that bad; I don't obsess over it, spend countless hours cleaning it, feel the need to mod it or give a crap where I park it or what happens to it in general. I have so much more time (not to mention money) to get myself into all kinds of new trouble now... :D

·
Registered
748 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
:roll: I ended up picking up an '00 Mazda Protege' as a beater. WAY too emabrassing to post a pic of. Pretty **** sad when the Xterra feels fast to me now... :( Right now I'm resisting the urge to hunt hard for the perfect M3; I need to save up a few months first. Thanks for thinkin' of me, though... :)
hahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Mazda protege was my 'no payment' car before i got my IS300. I think it was a 96. I picked up the 'SVP' from LaGuardia in it shortly after our company went public. He looked me right in the eye and said "you're pretty frugal aren't you." (What I heard was "I could have gotten a rental car nicer than this") At the time my colleagues were buying 911 turbos like they were on blue light special. My boss drives an LS430. His boss (the SVP mentioned above) drives S500 and also recently bought a Lexus. His boss (the CEO) drives both the SL500 and an S500. I think I can represent in the FX35 even though I'm not in the Lexus/Benz club. MGFR, my protege was 'fire engine red'. What color was yours?

-NJJ

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got rid of a 330Ci to get my FX...don't regret it one bit (yet) I love the M3's, but have you considered saving a bit longer, and getting a used 6 series..wow what a car. That thing looks amazing to me. I've had a chance to ride in one, and they make my 3 feel like a civic.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
NJ_Jackals said:
hahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Mazda protege was my 'no payment' car before i got my IS300. I think it was a 96. I picked up the 'SVP' from LaGuardia in it shortly after our company went public. He looked me right in the eye and said "you're pretty frugal aren't you."
frugal? yes! smart? yes :D

i worked for a pre-IPO company in the late 90's and when we went public everyone made a bunch of money. the next week everyone is driving new mercedes and the such and i bought a honda accord coupe :)

fast forward a few years when everyone was getting layed off and frantically trying to sell everything, and i was buying a house, still saving money, and thats why i have an FX now :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
My little POS is black, though it appears that it used to be silver. It's a bit rough cosmetically and looks to have had a pretty hard 5 yr life, but it does what I need it to do and it was underpriced for what it is.

Hmm, 6 series.... They ARE quite nice. I haven't driven one. I don't believe they're as fast as the M3, though and they look to be a bit larger and heavier. Also, I want to move away from all the techno-goodies and back to more of a pure driving machine, so M3 it is.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Black huh? Just cant stay away :lol:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
GEAUX said:
Black huh? Just cant stay away :lol:
Well, once he went black ....

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:roll:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
FXECUTIVE said:
Here you go...Black/Brick and in Texas. A local.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=6131
Never getting a nice car in black again; just too much work. I like the M3 in silver. That one has way too many miles, anyway, and is SMG. That place is local and they get a lot of them through there at decent prices, though, so I'll keep an eye on their inventory.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
FXECUTIVE said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4525826716&category=6131
yeah...but his seats are bubbling
Hrmph. If this were an Infiniti, there'd be folks crying bloody murder :roll:

But looking at that listing, a few things surprised me:

- The M3 is 4400lbs (like an FX-45)?
- An M3 must be fairly expensive, if a two-calendar-year-old model can still get $38K with nearly 50K miles on it!
- I realize the M3 is a driver's car first, but for the money, isn't the interior pretty spartan (changer in the trunk?)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
4400 GVW is more than curb weight,FX45 GVW is probably over 5000(I am not going out to check)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
brnjug said:
4400 GVW is more than curb weight,FX45 GVW is probably over 5000(I am not going out to check)
yeah, i never understood this....what is that GVW number exactly?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Somebody explained it to me once,I think full load capacity(passengers,cargo,maybe towing???,not sure on the last)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.