Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 FX 35 and need to replace the rear muffler, muffler only. Can anyone suggest an after market muffler that costs less than $500? I see that Bosal offers a muffler, does anyone have any experience with their product?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went ahead and replaced my muffler and thought I would share my results. In looking for a replacement muffler I came up with 3 options: OEM replacement muffler $500-$600, complete exhaust sytem including the muffler in stainless steel $800-$1200, or the Bosal muffler $200. As I looked at the 3 options, and these were the only 3 I could find, I really did not want to make the investment in the complete exhaust system replacement. However, the cost of the OEM muffler was so high it would make sense to spend a few hundred more and get the complete exhaust system in stainless steel. The Bosal muffer, on the otherhand was about a third the cost of the OEM muffler. I went with Bosal muffler as it appeared to be the best option for me. I ordered it from Rockauto.com and paid $210.54 and that included shipping, ordered on a Wed and got it the following Mon in CT. You also need to order a gasket, Bosal part number 256282, Rockauto uses the same part number. I installed the muffler myself and it took about 2 hours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went ahead and replaced my muffler and thought I would share my results. In looking for a replacement muffler I came up with 3 options: OEM replacement muffler $500-$600, complete exhaust sytem including the muffler in stainless steel $800-$1200, or the Bosal muffler $200. As I looked at the 3 options, and these were the only 3 I could find, I really did not want to make the investment in the complete exhaust system replacement. However, the cost of the OEM muffler was so high it would make sense to spend a few hundred more and get the complete exhaust system in stainless steel. The Bosal muffer, on the otherhand was about a third the cost of the OEM muffler. I went with Bosal muffler as it appeared to be the best option for me. I ordered it from Rockauto.com and paid $210.54 and that included shipping, ordered on a Wed and got it the following Mon in CT. You also need to order a gasket, Bosal part number 256282, Rockauto uses the same part number. I installed the muffler myself and it took about 2 hours.
Sorry to resurrect...
How is your Bosal muffler holding out? How does it sound?
There are very few feed-backs on this muffler...

·
Registered
59 Posts
If going after market such as bosal, they will need to do some modifications (bending, soldering etc), and the sound isn't the same as original (which I like). I sucked it up and had the dealer do it for $815 including tax. Midas said I could order an OEM from Infinity and the would install it for $100.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi - I am interested in the Bosal muffler replacement too because my current muffler has holes in the pipes from rusting. Which Bosal part # did you use? Was it Bosal # 145-793?

Did you have any fit issues? was it a direct bolt on or did the mechanic have to modify anything to get it to fit correctly?

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Bosal-145-793-Exhaust-Silencer/dp/B008TGS4IC[/ame]

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts