Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

My FX45 doesn't have the mud flaps and I'm thinking it would be good to have them. What's up with the price of these things?

TO FLAP OR NOT TO FLAP - that is the question.

Are there any options other than the dealer to get the mud flaps?

TIA

·
Registered
498 Posts
Picked mine up for $85 at the dealer. Prices seem to vary a fair bit.

FYI you'll need a drill and have to remove your rear wheels for installation.

As to flap or not to flap, I flapped. Running the 18" tires, didn't like the way the 20" tires rode, they still poked out beyond the rear wheel well. Flaps will save a lot of crud from being kicked back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Flaps look cool too in a subtle way. Oh yeah and they keep the body looking cleaner longer as an added benefit. You wouldn't have to take the rear wheels off if you can find a low profile drill. I didn't have one so the wheels came off.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
abcchoier said:
The price in Infini-parts.com listed 49.50 for only 2 pcs set.
I guess you can read it as either offering 2 or 4 flaps. I hoped it's for 4 flaps total, but you should call first.

infiniti-parts.com said:
Splash Guards: Front and Rear (2 pc sets)
• Reduces dirt spray on lower body panels while helping to prevent most nicks and scratches caused by road debris under all weather conditions. • Contoured to match wheel openings. • Black. • Easy, no-drill installation.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My other vehicle is a 77 Bronco. I guess thats why I called them mud flats. I likes the offroad, but the 45 sees only pavement.

Thanks for the other replys. I will be giving them a call to confirm 2 or 4.

·
Registered
498 Posts
cantdrv55 said:
Flaps look cool too in a subtle way. Oh yeah and they keep the body looking cleaner longer as an added benefit. You wouldn't have to take the rear wheels off if you can find a low profile drill. I didn't have one so the wheels came off.
Most folks don't have one. Also a 90 degree attachment to a standard powerdrill won't fit either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts