Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On sale this week at Target for $16... picked one up and gave it a shot and hey, it works pretty good! No idea how long it will last but the whole deionized water thing that they advertise to dry without spots, works as advertised.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I picked up a starter set at home depot for $10. It works OK for the waterspots, but I'm not sure that its any quicker than a regular wash and towel dry. The sprayer device is a poor design - already mine is leaking at the hose coupling.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I've been using the Mr. Clean AutoDry system for about 6 months now. Several observations:

1) I really like the gun itself; delivers a very nice spray.

2) The soap is too expensive and apparently NOT integral to the system's success. Lately I have been using Meguairs Gold Class soap - it works just fine.

3) The ionozed water works as advertised as long as the filter is clean - and they do NOT last that long. I get less than 10 washes from a new filter (of course our MDX, as well as the FX, are larger than sedan/sports cars).

4) I have found the system to be useless in the Houston summer heat. There is no way to finish washing, before parts of the car air dry. The spot free drying will only work IF the car is still wet and it is rinsed with the ionized water. Rinsing with the ioniozed water is not much faster than towel drying.

Bottom Line: I do not regret buying it since I like the gun and it is convenient to sray the soap on. I only use the ionized water part of the year when the sun is not so brutal. You do not have to use the Mr. Clean Soap. Weekly use of both the Mr. Clean Soap and Filter gets expensize!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Try this if you have any test panels..., or, try it on your fender-

Wash fender with your favorite car wash-

Wax fender with your favorite wax-

Spray fender with water to make sure you are getting beading and make note of the beads, how large or small, how tight the pattern, etc-

Wash with Autodry soap-

Look for beading, note again the size of the beads, patterns, etc-

Wash 4x with water Only, make note of the beading-

Now wash with your favorite car wash that does not make water bead-

Wash again with water only to remove any residue of the last car wash-

Make note of the beading-

Remember, you only washed with water, only one car wash was a mild wash to remove any residue that would either cause sheeting or beading...,

What are the results?
(I used Meguiars #26 for testing because of it's avaialbility and popularity, when finished, no wax was on the finish, no beading even after removing the "polymer soap"..., IMO, similar toan automatic dishwasher sheeting soap...)

P.S. For informational purposes only:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts