Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I would like to know if anyone has a idea to have a mp3 player that can attach to the dvd harness in the center console but also has the ability to download music from your network at home when the car is within signal limits. Basically a mp3 player/hardrive with wifi. This way you can download the music straight from the car from your network at home.

1. Is this possible or would I have to install a Carputer?

2. If carputer is the option anyonew have a recommendation?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Off the top of my head, a simple way to do this is if you have a PDA phone that has WiFi, all that would be needed then is an adapter to get the music from the phone to the car. Probably won't help most people but just a thought.

·
Registered
748 Posts
this is pretty easy with a carputer and some (free) sync software. Might as well get a larger HD and use it for video also. My $.02. Contaygious has tried a few different sync programs so he could probably explain the pros/cons of each. I tested two that he was considering and I think they both do the job well. Tay, input?

-NJJ

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I think you are looking for the OMNIFI. I was looking into this, but held off as they were coming out with a second version that let you play video files too (divx, etc.). That unit never materialized. But the DMP1 is pretty sweet. I see them on ebay alot if you're looking for a decent price.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sorry I misunderstood... LOL I was thinking drive-by downloads, must still be suffering from jetlag, not sitting in the garage or driveway and downloading before a trip. Seems to me it would work OK... but maybe carputer is the way to go. I would recommend waiting until 802.11n devices hit the streets, much better range than g/b.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Wow what timing read here

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
omnifi is a great product but does anyone know if there are any other products like it. Basically I think this product is great as afoundation for a better one....Anyway can someone tell me if the product can be coonected to the dvd harness in the center console?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hello guys I would like to know if anyone has a idea to have a mp3 player that can attach to the dvd harness in the center console but also has the ability to download music from your network at home when the car is within signal limits. Basically a mp3 player/hardrive with wifi. This way you can download the music straight from the car from your network at home.

1. Is this possible or would I have to install a Carputer?

2. If carputer is the option anyonew have a recommendation?
You may want to check out this thread:

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2943

I'm working on just such a "carputer" I'm hoping to offer for sale May 1st. I'm just waiting on some final hardware from one of my distributors. It may be more than what you're after; it is an MP3 player/DVD Player/TV tuner/Console DVD player that routes everything to the front screen. I have detailed info on my website at http://www.intuitionsys.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.