Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I parked my car for a few days on my driveway near a bunch of Ivy. I popped my hood a few days later and found all sorts of Mice crap and pee on the engine cover and these two little plastic tubes, one clear and one black. They were very well cut and did not seem like something the mouse could have done. I checked around and could not see any hoses that were damaged in the engine area.

Fast forward 2 days and I go to use my washer fluid and neither the front or rear worked. I get under the hood and give them a pull and sure enough they were eaten by those mice.

My question is - does anyone have a diagram showing how the tube is routed for both the front and rear wipers? I am wondering if I need to replace the whole tube or if I can just patch it up, but would be worth know what it will take to run a new tube to make the cheap vs right decision.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
blurmtb said:
I am wondering if I need to replace the whole tube or if I can just patch it up
If you can find those plastic couplers at a hardware store (like HOME DEPOT) you can probably just patch them up... I don't think you'd have any problems as those hoses aren't under any extreme pressure or anything...

This is a little bit high-tech but gives you an idea what's out there... hardware shops should have the el cheapos that are just held together by tension...

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Ove ... n_Straight

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Pretty sure they pass underneath the black covers at the rear of the engine compartment- where the battery and brake booster are. Probably where they were chewed. Theres a nice enclosed area within there for the varmints to set up shop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. Is there a straight forward way to remove that back black panel? Any diagrams available? I would like to try and attack this myself but it was not clear to me how to remove that cover. And yes it seems like that is a real nice little area for them to get into when I checked it out last night

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Just pull up the weatherstrip rubber, then remove the clips by popping up the centers of them. Self explanatory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnmax said:
Just pull up the weatherstrip rubber, then remove the clips by popping up the centers of them. Self explanatory.

So I opened some of the area last night to investigate. Turns out that the hose actually feeds through the battery compartment. Problem is, the mouse ate it before there and it appears the only way to get to the area is to take off the fender wall. I cannot see any other way of getting to the area besides that which kind of sucks. This may be more than I can take on, unless it is straight forward to take off that fender wall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you can find those plastic couplers at a hardware store (like HOME DEPOT) you can probably just patch them up... I don't think you'd have any problems as those hoses aren't under any extreme pressure or anything...

This is a little bit high-tech but gives you an idea what's out there... hardware shops should have the el cheapos that are just held together by tension...
The link you provided is broken. Where did the link lead?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts