Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that a Motordyne Plenum Spacer Group Buy has been started!

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... 670&page=7

Great gains and an unbeatable price.

350Z 1/4" Plenum spacer kit - $150.
G35 3/8" Plenum spacer kit - $160.
XL 1/2" Plenum spacer kit - $170.

Shipping is $13.95 anywhere in the continental US. (Ca. resident add 8.25% tax.)

Questions and Paypal payments can be made to:
[email protected]

Tony Colette
Motordyne Engineering

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Tony have you ever gotten any results back yet on how the spacer works in conjunction with the Crawford V5? ...for those of us FX'ers who already have the CV5? thanks..

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Tony Hi,

I'm in on this. All I need to order for my "05FX is:

XL 1/2" Plenum spacer kit - $170.

Shipping is $13.95 anywhere in the continental US

I'm going to put my name on the list anyhow (LIRobFX) but I'll wait to paypal you until I'm sure I've got the complete kit.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Hate to sound dumb here.... oh shoot some things can't be helped. :lol:

Do I need anything more than the 1/2" XL spacer? Would love to get this on order tonight.

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
we fitted one at last Houston meet.
Nothing needed other than spacer (a new gasket is included).
Except some tools and time of course :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
FX-1004 , think of it like a sandwich filler between the upper and lower plenums.
Yes, more air :D

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Dakine said:
we fitted one at last Houston meet.
Nothing needed other than spacer (a new gasket is included).
Except some tools and time of course :D
Thanks. About to go order the second one on Long Island.....

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Dakine said:
FX-1004 , think of it like a sandwich filler between the upper and lower plenums.
Yes, more air :D
no, what I meant was... you know how people say that the performance increase with CV5 is about the same with the spacer mod? yet, you can't use stock cover with CV5 plenum... if you can use stock cover with the 1/2" spacer...is the air space (air flow) you get just by doing CV5 greater than with 1/2" spacer mod?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hydrazine said:
PINITI-FX said:
Tony have you ever gotten any results back yet on how the spacer works in conjunction with the Crawford V5? ...for those of us FX'ers who already have the CV5? thanks..
No, not yet. Sorry.
According to this, it's seems to be about equal not greater. No one can confirm a greater increase, not even Tony :?

·
Registered
599 Posts
FX-1004 said:
so if one wants performance yet doesn't like look of CV5, they should get 1/2"spacer and leave the cover?
Precisely.

:D

Plus it's cheaper than the Crawford Cast as well. Tony is a great guy too, he'll take care of you. I can vouch for him. I had to take off my spacer and needed new plenum post gaskets and he sent em to me FOC in no time.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yes good mod for the money, I just wish someone like Tony who makes and sells them could confirm if it would enhance the performance of those like me who already have the CV5!!!!! :? :? :shock: ...I've been asking him since the last group buy.............. :( I've got the room
& the $$$

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
FX-1004 said:
so if one wants performance yet doesn't like look of CV5, they should get 1/2"spacer and leave the cover?
That is exactly why I'm doing this. I'm just not ready to cut my cover.

Piniti said:
Yes good mod for the money, I just wish someone like Tony who makes and sells them could confirm if it would enhance the performance of those like me who already have the CV5!!!!! Confused Confused Shock

If we had someone with a Crawford V5 on Long Island or vicinity I'd work with them at a dyno shop to get the runs in.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have the Crawford Cast Plenum and the stock cover on...Ak1nza can vouch for me since he has seen it.

Since the stock cover is flexible, it leaves a bulge near the middle section...I call mine "BATMAN'S SIX-PACK"

If anyone wants a pic, I can take one and I can email it to you, since I've reached my upload quota already I can't attach a pic here.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.