• Gray/Black/White Alpinestar's

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
leathers

dallace,

i am a motorcycle safety instructor in Ontario. my professional opinion would be to go with the yellow due to its higher visibility although since the bike itself is yellow to begin with, i'd be tempted to go with the black. just make sure you don't do a lot of city driving with stop and go b/c you will find it hot.
i ride with a black leather on my intruder 1400 when it's cool and a black joe rocket mesh when it's hot. ride safe, richy

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I guess I could qualify my situation. The bike (04 GSXR 600) isn't mine yet. Put a deposit on it today. My *plan* is to ride the bike this year, and then convert it to a race bike and race in the 600 class next year.

That is at least the plan, so visability isn't the most important part for me. I just really like Yellow :p

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
dmtalon said:
Thanks for the response. I guess I could qualify my situation. The bike (04 GSXR 600) isn't mine yet. Put a deposit on it today. My *plan* is to ride the bike this year, and then convert it to a race bike and race in the 600 class next year.

That is at least the plan, so visability isn't the most important part for me. I just really like Yellow :p
i say get the black(er) one.....

the sun will fade that yellow to a cream color in a short time.... same happens to red (even with alot of lexol conditioner)

so, i am very glad you've chosen the new gix6...... it is definately the best of the bunch (not an easy feat either)

please drop into my site if you have any future needs/info to share....

great choice!

-eS

ps- are you insistant on those leathers only?? several members (paddock) have really sweet skins also..

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
What about black with a little bit of yellow.

The top one is way to "Big Bird" :D

Guys look better in black leather than yellow leather :wink:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
dmtalon said:
I don't have to get those. but whatever I get I want to be able to order this week (and get this or next week at the latest).

Shoot me some links if you have some.

Got any good line on full exhausts? Right now, I want: Akrapovic race system.
BRO.......

you gotta check out my site........ try a search .....

TONS of info on this, and several guys that will give you hook-ups for discounted rates and HTF parts...

IMO, if you're gonna go akro (my only choice really) go EVO.... make it the best it can (should) be..... (just make sure it has the cross balancer tubes between 1-2 and 4-3)

have a look-see, and i will authorize your account!

-esemes

ps- i added you to the main forum, and the non moto adult-content subforum) :wink:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
dmtalon said:
Ya, I've been looking at the EVO exhausts... but right now with no other mods on the bike (**** I don't even have it yet) I think that the EVO will be a bit much.

not to mention the $1800 price tag <shew>
ps- yep, its alot of $$$..... buy NUSE and save 40% (max), and remember, NEVER pay retail or shipping.... :!: :wink:

id keep an eye out for pipe comparo tests coming for the new 600's this year.... although they dont custom map the bikes to net the true potential of the systems, you still get a fairly good idea as to what works (fits best, clearances/tolerances, output, sound, hi-mount location, etc...) i got my EVO for 825, btw......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts