Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the actual February 2005 Motor Trend technical coverage of the 2006 Corvette Z06 in detail. This is a scanned copy of the article. I noticed that Motortrend was not entirely accurate on some of the competition's times and figures although the time of 7.7secs, 0-100MPH is very impressive for a stock C6 Z06. It was posted on January 2nd (I was on vacation so didn't catch it much sooner). Very tempting sportscar with supercar performance for the value. Enjoy!

http://www.germantechnik.com/showthread.php?t=13629

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
WOW. :shock:

Although the reading experience was rather soiled when I got to Sticky's avatar on P. 2 :oops:

·
Registered
392 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Although the reading experience was rather soiled when I got to Sticky's avatar on P. 2 :oops:
Its sick!! On the other hand, what an awesome car, I never really liked the previous one because the interior was extremely cheap, but they've done an exellent job on this one! FAST

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mentioned that the 7.7 secs 0-100MPH is highly impressive. The only concern I have is that Chevrolet always makes impressive claims on any new Corvette and rarely matches them. Case in point, GM claimed that the 2001 Z06 (385HP) did a claimed 0-60MPH of 4.0 secs flat, yet not even one of the newer 2002 Z06s with 405HP and more TQ could hit better than 4.1 secs (best posted). That 4.0secs hasn't been formally replicated once.

On integrity, Chevrolet proves that they love to take average and worst times of their competitors and use their best estimated as a comparison. They also love to exaggerate figures. Having said this, the Z06 times are estimated (EST) anyways. I'm anxiously awaiting the first tests from someone consistently reputable without the obscure footnotes of always extrapolating (lack of runway-slopes) or corrections (for sea level, humidity) like the notorious C&D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts