Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bazooka: :-x :-x :-x

So,

Wife parks her FX at work and goes in. A coworker got there jus after her and walked in. He comes up to her and asks what happened to her bumper.

We've got some REAL light scratches in the clear coat on the rear bumper from the dog, so she says... "Oh, that's from the dogs" The guy said "I don't think this is from the dog". Tina then asks what bumper front/rear? He says Front!

She goes out and looks, and sure enough somebody has scratched the front bumper up pretty good.

So, apparently, somebody (while parking) ran into the FX and then just left. Makes me love people more and more. I'll take a few pictures later.

·
Registered
551 Posts
awwwwww Gaaaaaaaad !

·
Registered
848 Posts
I can sympathize with you. Last Friday, I was driving out of the parking lot at work when I noticed that someone had taped a note to my driver's side window. I rolled it down part way, ripped the note off, and did a quick scan of it as I was pulling out onto a 6 lane road. In short, it indicated that a coworker had bumped into my left rear quarterpanel...I QUICKLY pulled over, got out, and saw two black marks :shock: :evil: Upon closer inspection, I couldn't tell if it was real damage or not, so I headed for home. I soon found out that this just wasn't going to be my day...I stopped to pick up my drycleaning, and upon exiting the vehicle realized that my keys were in my jacket pocket on the passenger seat. So, I'm standing with the driver's door open into an empty parking space, reaching over to grab the keys, when I hear someone behind me beep their horn. I look and see some woman in a hurry, and mouthed "Just a minute"...in less than 10 sec., I was done, closed the door, and as I turned she came right at me, just missing my leg by about an inch. :shock: :evil: All I can say is that if she'd hit me I would have POUNDED the **** out of that car...realize that I'm still PISSED about the rear quarterpanel. As it was, I waited for her to exit the vehicle, and asked if she was in that much of a hurry that she had to nearly run me over??? She said that she wasn't even close, so I decided not to let her off that lightly, and told her that her bumper rubbed my leg as she went by, knowing that she didn't know for sure, and stormed off...just wanting to end it all. I finally got home, and got some soap & microfiber towel, and went to work on the black marks...everything came off with a little elbow grease! 8)

I know this won't make ya feel any better, but I feel for ya buddy :(

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
...when I hear someone behind me beep their horn. I look and see some woman in a hurry...
I would have smiled and waved at her, then taken my sweet time. Of course I'd make sure I left the door wide open as a shield 'cause women drivers in a hurry are often quite lethal. :evil:

Dallace, sorry about the bumper. :cry:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i have a number of bad scratches from rocks and the like as well, but i can relate to the "hit and run". i was nice enough to take a co-worker to the airport a few weeks ago and he proceeded to just drag his suitcase right out the back of the car. i saw it coming too but i could not react fast enough and he just dragged it right off the top of the bumper and scratched the living **** out of it!...he didnt even care!

i tell you....i have my days when i wonder why i even try, but then i try to convince myself that, even with the damage, im still driving a cooler car than most of the other folks out there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
bradical said:
...and he proceeded to just drag his suitcase right out the back of the car. i saw it coming too but i could not react fast enough and he just dragged it right off the top of the bumper and scratched the living **** out of it!...he didnt even care!
I used to wait for my brothers and sisters to open, put their school stuff in, and take it out too... untill repeated flying french horns hit the bumper.. luckily only i notice the light scratches backpacks have made. Now no matter who it is, I take the time to get out of my car and load/unload what ever is in the trunk. And i win in two ways: no scratches and it's seen as a kind gesture even if i dont mean it to be (and i usually dont :twisted: )

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
:violent3: :violent1: :rightfighter5:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
bradical said:
i was nice enough to take a co-worker to the airport a few weeks ago and he proceeded to just drag his suitcase right out the back of the car. i saw it coming too but i could not react fast enough and he just dragged it right off the top of the bumper and scratched the living **** out of it!...he didnt even care!
OMFG!! If it was my car, he would have missed his flight..... and some teeth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts