Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, some clean pics. And notice the "before" STB pic. Hahahah. Installing it tonite, will have pics of it installed tomorrow.

Matthew

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BSTB - Before Strut Tower Brace Hahahahah

Attachments

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
ok bigmatt,....how'd you swing the VA FX with NO front plate frame!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice pics. Parked like a true FX owner...right up against the curb for maximum space between cars. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bradical said:
ok bigmatt,....how'd you swing the VA FX with NO front plate frame!
A screwdriver? Hahahah. I'm getting AZ plates for it - had AZ plates on my Tahoe that I sold to CarMax. AZ only requires a rear plate. I took off the VA front temp in the meantime. Have it and the hardware in the car in case I get stopped.

I don't drive much, so I think I'll be safe for a couple days without it. Then again, I was hoping to drive a bunch on my next stretch of days off here, so I might put it back on... At least for the day.

GraFX35 said:
Nice pics. Parked like a true FX owner...right up against the curb for maximum space between cars. :)
Yeah, I don't get people that park in end spots like that and *don't* park close up to the curb like that. Why not take full advantage of the spot?

Matthew

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and not to spam or brag or anything, but I love how the sport package grille/headlights/taillights look with Diamond Graphite.

Matthew

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
are there two little holes in the front bumper? or did you plug them?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bradical said:
Two little holes. I'm trying to decide what to do about them. Might get some of those bumper plugs... And maybe even try painting them with some touch-up paint first?

Matthew

·
Registered
509 Posts
BigMatt said:
A screwdriver? Hahahah. I'm getting AZ plates for it - had AZ plates on my Tahoe that I sold to CarMax. AZ only requires a rear plate. I took off the VA front temp in the meantime. Have it and the hardware in the car in case I get stopped.
Matthew: I can't imagine you can or would want to get AZ plates for VA?? Our license taxes are pretty high here is AZ. And, how will you register a VA car in AZ without doing the AZ emissions tests??

I have an uncle who owns a P.O. Box in Oregon to register his AZ cars in order to avoid the high taxes. I think Oregon only has a few dollar registration fee. BUT, if you get caught as an AZ resident with out of state plates, the fine is huge. :oops: 8)

PS: your FX looks really up-scale parked among all those other also-ran cars.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
they are the same as mine....gunmetal

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Correct, the wheels are gunmetal. Looks fantastic with the Diamond Graphite, IMHO. As does the rest of the sport package perks - the dark chrome grille and smoked lights.

Anyway, regarding registration... I plan on moving back to AZ within a year or so, and that's why I just got AZ plates. I figure with the transitive nature of the population around here - especially all the military types that move in and out all the time - no one is gonna hassle me on the AZ plates. And I still have my AZ license and insurance to go with it.

VA *plates* are cheaper, but they also hit you with a yearly "personal luxury tax" based on the value of your vehicle. Did the math, and it turns out to be about the same money.

Finally, I thought that AZ (and most states) don't require emissions testing on new vehicles for five years? That's something I'll have to look into, but I thought I had it covered under that five year window.

Finally, Passport did me right. I worked with a couple different dealers, and not only did Passport have the best price, but they also had the most pleasant experience. I would highly recommend my salesperson to anyone looking to buy an Infiniti. If you're in the NoVA area and looking to buy, PM me and I'll give you his name and contact info.

Oh, and what was I thinking, trying to skate by with those water spots? Hahahah.

Matthew

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
edited by me from: obsidian swtfx

BigMatt said:
bradical said:
Two little holes. I'm trying to decide what to do about them. Might get some of those bumper plugs... And maybe even try painting them with some touch-up paint first?

Matthew
Well, I tried to paint them too, but the paint wouldn't stick :?
I did get some bumper plugs from a fellow fxer and they are on their way :D

OH, With a lot of patience, the clips are removable intact. You have to stick in a thin wire swing the clip inside of itself, twist and pull out.. it was really tricky, but I did get them out in one piece, (in case I do have to claim residency in another state one day)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.