Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather cleared up and time for my first zaino application (on this FX, that is)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
VERY NICE :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
UJMOT said:
very nice!
bradical said:
very nice!
looks great!

unfortunately, the lighter colors don't photo/reveal as well as an obsidian color will, but i can still see there's a great amount of depth to the shine in your skin there...... (its the tradeoff for not having dirt show as easily either, i guess)

nice work, i mean, "very nice"!

eS

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shajan said:
Nice!!

How long did it take you?
2-1/2 hours. Thats dawn wash, claybar, 1 coat each of Z2, Z5, Z6 all over and another coat of Z2/Z5/Z6 on the front end and hood. A personal best, actually. Been Zanoing since 4 vehicles ago or 2 years....

And thanks for the 'very nice' comments.... :p

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
esemes said:
UJMOT said:
very nice!
bradical said:
very nice!
looks great!

unfortunately, the lighter colors don't photo/reveal as well as an obsidian color will, eS
yep, you're correct. should have taken the pics at sundown. it shows up much better.

·
Registered
882 Posts
very nice...

BTW, did you zaino your roof?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mushutofu said:
very nice...

sure did. found something interesting while zainoing the roof -- a strand of human hair embedded in the clearcoat :!: :shock: the dealer says they'll make good and fix it. i thought infiniti had better quality controls than that :?:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
finsfx said:
mushutofu said:
very nice...

sure did. found something interesting while zainoing the roof. i found a strand of human hair embedded in the clearcoat :!: :shock: the dealer says they'll make good and fix it. i thought infiniti had better quality controls than that :?:
Now that's interesting (and funny). I thought the paint/bake process would all be automated.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ujmot said:
finsfx said:
mushutofu said:
very nice...

sure did. found something interesting while zainoing the roof. i found a strand of human hair embedded in the clearcoat :!: :shock: the dealer says they'll make good and fix it. i thought infiniti had better quality controls than that :?:
Now that's interesting (and funny). I thought the paint/bake process would all be automated.
go figure, huh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts