Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought monoblock forged rims?

What would be the ideal offset for a 22 x 9.5 rim? And what would be the ideal tire to fit on a 9.5 rim? I have spent a fair amount of time with the offset calculator but can not get a great sense of what to do (I am able to pick my offset as the wheels are being made for me)?

I think that a 285/40/22 tire is the best bet for a 9.5" rim as when you put in this size tire it states that it will work on a 8.5 to 10.5 rim.

If I go with a 25mm offset the wheels will stick out 34mm and the wheels/tire will stick out 25mm.

If I go with a 33mm offset the wheel will stick out 25mm and the wheel/tire will stick out $17mm.

Does anyone know which is a better setup - and if I really need to bring the rmi out 34mm with this tire to bring out the wheel/tire the ideal 25mm?

I have talked to the mfg and he would be interested in doing a group buy if anyone has interest in ordering - he is very reasonable...

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Re: Monoblock Forged Rims / Ideal offset and tires for 22 x

davidnoah said:
If I go with a 33mm offset the wheel will stick out 25mm and the wheel/tire will stick out $17mm.
This is probably the safest bet... almost no one has complained about rubbing with +25mm overall on their FXs... however, if you don't plan on dropping your FX, you could probably go with +30mm with no problems... anything over that and you're taking a risk...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts