Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone think up a cheap way to replace the honking sound when locking the car? With a chirp/beep or something?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
You can set it to beep instead of honk under the 'Settings' options on your Tech.

'Keyless remote response — Horn*:
This key changes the horn chirp mode occurring when pressing the LOCK button on the
Intelligent Key or keyfob....

Intelligent Key lock response — Sound
(if so equipped):
The sound pattern of the Intelligent request switch operation can be set as desired. Select the “Intelligent Key lock response — Sound” key, then push the ENTER button to change the sound pattern.

Intelligent Key unlock response — Sound (if so equipped):
The beep sounds when unlocking door with the Intelligent request switch can be turned on or off.'

It can be found on pages 4-10 to 4-11 on your owner's manual.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man! I'll give that a try right now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't work for me :(

It got rid of the honk all together..but no beep.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Since I've got a tech like you, I never use the key fob to lock the car. Just touch the door handle button or hatchback button to lock everything and listen to the beep. Find it easier to touch the button after locking the door rathen then shuffling with the keys...

Gary...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Beeeeep

I turned off horn and have beep no prob. try again

·
Registered
52 Posts
:( Since my FX45 was serviced last time (oil change) and after they reset the "rotate tires" message, my horn does not beep or chirp when I lock or unlock it with the key fob. I went to settings and located the section for this. I set it to "horn chirp" (no chirp). I then set it to "beep" (no beep). I then set it to "Default all Settings" (Still no beep or chirp). So I again set it to "horn chirp" and gave up and still no beep or chirp.

I notice that when I press the lock button on the key fob that the doors lock and the tail lights flash momentarily, but no horn chirp as when car was new. I tried the horn and it works perfectly.

I don't want to have to take it to the dealer (130 mile round trip) for this until the next service, but hope that someone can help. Any ideas?

Fritz45

·
Registered
306 Posts
chirp

you must have silenced the alarm by pressing more than one button @ a time on the remote box.my xterra does that when i hold lock and press unlock @ the same time or viceversa.Try that.If all fails try to disconnect battery for an hour.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: chirp

superchargedIIIfx said:
you must have silenced the alarm by pressing more than one button @ a time on the remote box.my xterra does that when i hold lock and press unlock @ the same time or viceversa.Try that.If all fails try to disconnect battery for an hour.
"Try that" - What should I try? I pressed lock and unlock at the same time and still no chirp. However you said that this may be what caused it. If so, how could doing the same thing fix it? When car is locked by pushing the lock button on key fob, the tail lights and parking lights flash, but no horn chirp. When unlocking with the key fob, the interior lights come on, but no flashing of lights or horn chirp. I will try to disconnect the battery for an hour over the weekend. Thanks,

Fritz45

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts

FRITZ45 said:
superchargedIIIfx said:
"Try that" - What should I try? I pressed lock and unlock at the same time and still no chirp. However you said that this may be what caused it. If so, how could doing the same thing fix it? When car is locked by pushing the lock button on key fob, the tail lights and parking lights flash, but no horn chirp. When unlocking with the key fob, the interior lights come on, but no flashing of lights or horn chirp. I will try to disconnect the battery for an hour over the weekend. Thanks,

Fritz45
No need to disconnect the battery. This exact situation happend to me and the infiniti service rep just pressed both the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob for a few seconds and that reset the settings. Sometimes both buttons are accidently pressed when the key fob is in your pocket or carry bag.

·
Registered
52 Posts

[/quote]

No need to disconnect the battery. This exact situation happend to me and the infiniti service rep just pressed both the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob for a few seconds and that reset the settings. Sometimes both buttons are accidently pressed when the key fob is in your pocket or carry bag.[/quote]

:D :D :D Amazing - I just tried it while FX was in my garage and IT WORKED! I tried this previously, but held both buttons on only momentarily. This time, I held both buttons for about 2-3 seconds and the lights flashed and horn honked. That is what I really enjoy about this forum - helpful friends. Imagine how I would have felt if I had driven 130 miles round trip to have the dealer take care of this. Thank you so much.........

Fritz45

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Cool, glad it all worked out. Thats what a forum like this is for so people can learn from other peoples mistakes or sucesses.

·
Registered
306 Posts
no cigar

Close but no cigar! glad it worked out 4 u.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts