Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how wide the FX is from the tip of one mirror to the other? The only specs I've ever seen is for the width of the body, and from what I can tell by looking, the mirrors seem to stick out a little further.

I live in a vintage house with a tiny one-car garage. I think my FX will fit through the door, but it would be nice to know before I get it home for the first time.

Thanks, all!

D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Here is from Infiniti web page

Wheelbase 112.2

Overall length 189.1

Overall width 75.8

Overall height 65.9 (with roof rails); 65.0 (without roof rails)

Track (front/rear) 62.7/64.6

Minimum ground clearance 7.6

Coefficient of drag 0.35 Cd

Angle of approach/departure 28.5 /21.2

Interior Dimensions (inches) Back to Top

Head room (front/rear) 40.8 /39.5 without sunroof; 39.6 /39.3 with sunroof

Leg room (front/rear) 43.9/35.2

Shoulder room (front/rear) 56.9/57.4

Hip room (front/rear) 54.3/55.0

Step-in height (front/rear) 18.0/18.7

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that includes the mirrors, I should be OK.

But doesn't it look like it's only to the edge of the wheels? And is this an optical illusion, or do the mirrors really line up flush with the widest point of the body like that?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Add 5 inches on each side for mirrors.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Just went out and measured the pumpkin. It was about 83.5 inches from mirror end to mirror end.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just went out and measured the pumpkin. It was about 83.5 inches from mirror end to mirror end.
That'll be a tight squeeze, but it'll make it. My garage opening is 95".

Thanks for doing that, John!

D

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
No problem. Was curious myself. Looks like yours will fit. You could also fold the mirrors in too and get a couple of extra inches.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've been squeezing mine into the garage for a year now, and I'd guess that I've got about 4-5 inches to spare on either side. Not a problem really...I've only come close a couple times. I even swapped spaces with the wife so she could have more room to open her doors...we've got a 3-car garage, one single door (mine), and one double (which is much easier to cruise in & out of).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts