Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you fill up, what does your "miles to empty" read?

In the beginning, when it was stock it said 385 to empty.

When I added the stillen and z tube, it went up to 400 to empty.

Now with the pulley, it went to 423 to empty.

My driving habits havent changed :?

(Do the non-tech cars have this?)

I am curious if this is a way to tell that the ECU is definitly reseting itself?

What does yours say, am very curious. :-k

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
When you fill up, what does your "miles to empty" read?
Hrmph. Mine reads "See you back soon!" :?

·
Registered
185 Posts
or "later Dude!!"

:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I noticed my milage went up a bit after the mods as well. I've heard the pulley is supposed to increase it a bit more as well.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, really

I want to know numbers. I am curious how close all of our cars are or were.

:p

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I just filled up yesterday, but forgot to look. I have noticed, though, that the DTE meter fluctuates significantly depending on how you are driving at any given time. It calculates the number based on the current MPG it registers, not the average MPG.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine has been reading 363 miles to empty the last few fill ups, but then recalculates as your average mpg for that tank of gas fluctuates.

One thing that bothered me yesterday, however, was while I was driving to my park and ride and I realized that I had forgotten to fill up the previous day and had about 35 miles to empty registering. That should have been plenty to allow me to fill up on the way back later that evening. While on the highway I watched the miles to go reading drop down to 29 miles (the gas light had come on about 5 minutes earlier), the next thing I know, there are 2 or 3 asterisks in the space where the numbers were. So, I've essentially gone from a relaxed state to one of panic, praying that I wouldn't run out of gas on the highway. I would have thought that the mileage indicator would have counted down a lot closer than 29 miles before it goes *** on you!!! Luckily, I made it to the gas station OK. Has anyone else noticed this? I generally never let the gas go below 1/8 tank, not to get all the sediment going through the fuel line, so it hasn't come up before.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Park and ride! OMG I just had horrible visions. I never let it go below 1/4, this way it seems like less $ at the pump. 8)

I know the number changes as soon as you drive, but the consistency of the same number at time of fill up just amazes me before and after the mods done.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So your sayin I will get better mileage with my new plenum?
Phil

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
CDR, when i was running my FX empty, it read 27 miles to empty. I was only 3 miles from the gas station. I watched it go 27, then 23, then 17, then12, then 9, all in that 3 mile trip. I was not on the gas either. Seems like that last 1/4 tank does not compute correctly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I usually fill up when I see xxx in the miles to empty so it eat new sediments each time... :D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
CDR said:
the next thing I know, there are 2 or 3 astricks in the space where the numbers were.
What's funny is until just last week, I used to get the asterisks (there's actually 4, BTW) after anywhere from 40-30 miles out, but lately, it's either gotten more accurate, or recalibrated itself- it went down to 5 miles at one point just as I pulled into a gas station.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, but...
I've had it read **** a few times and I've never had to put in more than 17 gallons to fill it up. The owner's manual says it holds 23 gallons. Has anybody put in more than 20 gallons at a time? How long did you drive when the stars showed up on the "miles to empty" (or didn't you look?) :oops:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
BELLAFX said:
Has anybody put in more than 20 gallons at a time?
Yeah- remember my "$49.20 fill-up" post?

How long did you drive when the stars showed up on the "miles to empty" (or didn't you look?)
Mine seems to be finally calibrated; it read "6 miles" by the time I made it to the station.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BELLAFX said:
Yeah, but...
Has anybody put in more than 20 gallons at a time? How long did you drive when the stars showed up on the "miles to empty" (or didn't you look?) :oops:
My DTE was at 39 miles, my gas needle was on the "E", and when i filled the tank it only took 20.1 gallons. My avg. MPG was 21.1, so if its a 23 gal. tank, i should have shown about 60 miles DTE. I think they put a little margin there to help keep you from running out of gas.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I just filled up with 20.1 gal today. I only drove about 5 miles with the **** Never let it get this low before, and never paid this much for fuel before either ($2.04/gal).

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I was curious how much my AC eats up my gas so I had my AC set at 65* on both driver and passenger sides with one bar. I parked my car for approximately 5 min and the milage till empty went from 45 to 43.... Is this normal? :roll:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts