Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank of gas?? I mean a fill up until the gas light goes on.

I'm getting about 220 from full fill up until the light goes on and my driving is about 70% city and 30% Highway

I dun think this is normal since before when i filled up my DTE was 320 miles now it's around 250 when i fill up. I asked a Infiniti tech but they said that it was normal.

I'm using Mobile 1 Synthetic with a PUREONE oil filter.

Any suggestions as to what could cause this??

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
well, if you are putting in the same "amount" of gas, but its not going as far, im not sure whats going on there. i think piniti was saying his milage went WAY down after he did the high flow exhaust, plenum, and intake.

btw...where do you live?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't done any mods to my FX yet.. It just happened during the past couple of months. It been kinda cold but i thought that cold air was suppose to make your engine run better.I just replaced my air filter today with a K&N filter. My stock filter was pretty dirty even though i just have 13K miles on my FX35

I live in Philly.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
just curious. i saw an FX at the dealer last week with the "SPCL FX" plates in NOVA.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
320 on a FX45?? Whoa, then in theory that must mean i have a V10 FX55 if i'm only getting 220 to 250 before i need to fill up.

When the light on the fuel gauge goes on and i fill it up all the way it's only about 17 to 18 gallons. It says in the manual that our FX'es have a 23 gallon tank?? Where is the other 5 gallons going to??

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am not sure where you're from Special FX but keep in mind that the temperature outside has a big effect on gas mileage as well. I am in Chicago and average 250-260 with temperature in 10s and 20s (2004 FX45)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I have been averaging 190 to 200 miles per tank of gas. I am driving 2003 FX35.

Jim

·
Registered
220 Posts
FX35, AWD. I'll give you two figures..

In the summer/autumn months, I'd get about 420 miles to the tank.

In Dec/Jan, that sinks to 380.

Each of those numbers is based on about 8 fillups, each 21+ gallons. .. so it's not exactly perfect, but certainly shows my mileage is way worse in the cold. -- I also assume it has to do with the winter blend of gas we have to use.

EDIT: The average MPH for both summer and winter numbers above was around 40-43 mph.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It'a amazing to see that you've hit the 420 mark. Even on a 6 hr trip(all highway going 80 mph) to vermont the best i got was 330 on a full tank. I'll have my dealership address this problem the next time i'm in for the 15k service.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
At Interstate cruising speeds (70 -80) I can get around 400 miles on a tank. Putzing around town I can do over 300 easy. I simply don't understand the 200 miles or so per fillup numbers. Something must be awry.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I have an 03 FX35. I normally get between 230 and 280 to a tank. Mostly city driving and I do almost none of the things I should do to conserve. Jackrabbit starts, push to redline, etc. If I drove "right" I might get 350 or so, but that's just not any fun!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Since our tanks are 23 gallons (minus 2 = empty light on) = 21 gallons.
FX45 stats:
At 15 mpg city, we should be able to get around 300 miles.
At 19 mpg hwy, we should be able to get around 400 miles.

When the light on the fuel gauge goes on and i fill it up all the way it's only about 17 to 18 gallons. It says in the manual that our FX'es have a 23 gallon tank?? Where is the other 5 gallons going to??
That's very interesting. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever put more than 18-19 gallons of fuel in my FX. Can anyone explain?

·
Registered
599 Posts
On an avg 18mile fill up I get about 220-250 miles on that fill. This is city driving. It's worse in the cold and I think it's due to the engine having to be at a higher RPM till it gets to proper temperature.

I get well over 340 miles on a tank on the highway. So I blame it on my city driving.

It's hard to be patient in Boston sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I have never passed 15 mpg on my fx, lately its been preety steady at 11.1mpg.

Jim

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.