Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I will be meeting with the engineer from Japan in 2 weeks. I keep complaining to my SA regarding my brakes squeaking in the morning when I back the car from my garage. The SA keep telling me that it was normal. Even after I show the SA the service bullitin regarding the brakes. They still tell me it was normal and will not make any factory repair. Now my front brakes make loud griding noise also in the morning. My FX only have 3000 miles and I am thinking this can't be normal. So, the Infiniti R&D called and they want to show my car to engineers from Japan and see if they can fix the problems and make any improvement. They are giving me $500 in Visa gift card just for this. So, wish me luck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My FX had the rear brake squeal. My dealer replaced them no questions asked. The break squeal has stopped. Good Luck, I hope you find out some good infomation, and at the least get your brakes fixed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, start a list of complaint and another list for the "Wish " list and I'll print it out and hand it to them. :D May be even letters of how much we love this car. So, they won't think we hate the FX with all the complaint and wish list.

·
Registered
509 Posts
MadFX said:
Hi guys, I will be meeting with the engineer from Japan in 2 weeks. I keep complaining to my SA regarding my brakes squeaking in the morning when I back the car from my garage.
Please print out all of the posts from those of us complaining about squeaking breaks and give them to the engineer. This is not acceptable for a $55,000 car (sticker, not what I paid, but still). Not only are the breaks extremely noisey backing out of the garage, but they are starting to squeak while stopping. I'm pissed about this. I expect it from my Tahoe, but not a luxury car. I'm getting the same push back from my SA and I'm about to go way over his head.8)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Ask them which part of a cow the graphite leather is made from. I still think its from their saggy, wrinkly asses. :evil:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Better yet, ask him why they think saggy, wrinkly seat cushions are acceptable? My (ex-)service manager pretty much lost his job because he was trying to do the right thing and fix the seats.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing in the morning as I pull out of the garage. First it was the front brakes then the back. No grinding noise though. They continue to squeak for the first few minutes of driving (only when stopping of course) and then it stops. They don't do it when I leave from work though even with it sitting for 8+ hours. Something to do with it being outside with more ventilation?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
MadFX said:
Yeah, start a list of complaint and another list for the "Wish " list and I'll print it out and hand it to them. :D May be even letters of how much we love this car. So, they won't think we hate the FX with all the complaint and wish list.
Here's one that comes up from time to time and puzzles some 45 owners only > http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2893

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Please ask the Infiniti engineer why all the 2005's on my dealer's lot have a ticking noise in the DVD player output. During DVD playback or in AUX input mode, if you turn up the the volume beyond 1/2 way, you will get a strong ticking noise through the car's speakers. My dealer has escalated the issue to Infiniti with no response. It appears that 03's and 04's do not have this problem.

-Andy

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
MadFX,

any updates on this? My brakes are really getting on my nerves. Which Dealer did you take it to, if you dont mind me asking. Maybe if I brought mine in for the same thing- they'd get off their a$$' and do something about it? $40k+ vehicle and its normal for the brakes to squeak? What else do they expect to believe? that the earth is flat???
:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Thanks BA BA!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I took my Fx to Santa Monica Infiniti Yesterday to let the Nissan/Infiniti engineers and a Technical service/Field Quality improvement person to look at my squeeking brakes. As you guys know I have squeaking noise coming from my brakes in the morning when the car is going in reverse and grinding noise going forward. I did not get to meet with them but they looked at my brakes. I picked up my car later that afternoon and the SA told me that they have replace the rotors and calipers. Now this morning.....no noise from my brakes. I don't know why they replace them since I didn't get to talk to any engineers. I wish they would've told me why they replaced them. They've also replaced my Lt. fog light since it has water /alot of condensation. Of course they give me the $500 VISA gift card and a "Thank you For Your Help" in front of the envelope. I was happy but my wife said nothing is free. She said they did something to my car and I was wondering what the **** she was talking about. She said that if my FX have a brakes malfunction then they are liable. That's why they are trying to fix the problem b/f it become a bigger problem.....Any thought?

Also, I'm glad I did not buy my FX from Santa Monica Infiniti. The Service Manager was a complete A$$H***. While I was waiting for the SA(who was real nice) the Manager for the service dept. came over to me and ask me why I was dropping my FX to let the engineers look at my car? He told me that they have to drive all the way from Gardena to Santa Monica. I told him that my brakes was making noise. He told me it was normal and I said not for a $47000 car it's not. Not even my wife old Daewoo have brakes noise. I told him that it is definately not normal. He said that when he was working at Mitsubishi dealership all their car have brakes noise. I told him that's why I never buy Mitsubishi. Well, to make long story short....they gave me a new G35 to drive as a loaner. Even though I lived like 4 miles from Santa Monica Infiniti, I'm glad I got mine from Costa Mesa Infiniti which is like 40 miles away. My 2 cents

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, this morning the front brakes grinding again. So, I finally call the SA at Santa Monica he said that the engineers only replace the rear calipers and rotors and not the front. So, I guess I'll just have to call the SA at Costa Mesa Infiniti...definately not going back to Santa Monica Infiniti. Look at my post at FA: http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... o=&fpart=1

At least my rear brakes does not squeaks any more. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.