Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:
Life takes it's various twists and turns and unfortunately for me it means splitting with my wife. She wants the FX...... ****!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
do you own the FX? .. if not, let her have it and get a 45 and smoke her when you see her aound town :lol:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sorry to hear that chdiego. I hope things work out to your advantage.
Hey, if she takes the FX, you must take something equal or better in value. What are you getting? 8)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont "own" the FX per se.... still have about 30k financed so she can keep that loan if she wants it that bad. I'll be hanging on to the Avalanche and I'm trying my hardest to arrange to keep the house.

I'm trying to put together a nice little "options" package that's front-loaded with cash and stuff to convince her to walk and let me keep the house. I figured I should be entitled to keep the house considering a while back I paid for a 5k cosmetic investment in her that will make it very easy for her to attract her next victim (**** they're nice) Some other shmuck will probably "want" to buy her a house so that'll be no prob for her. I'm not bitter am I???

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
NAH!

It should get much better over time...!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
dude....let me say that if you are bitter, its ok :)

i have single handedly bought my house, car and everything else i own with zero help or cash from anyone. i am getting married in May and i have NO problem sharing all of it with my fiance. but if we ever separated, i would feel bitter to some degree since i worked so hard for the things i have. i think its natural to feel that way to some degree. just try and minimize your $ losses and move forward.

best of LUCK!

·
Registered
779 Posts
i am getting married in May and i have NO problem sharing all of it with my fiance. but if we ever separated, i would feel bitter to some degree since i worked so hard for the things i have
What about prenuptial agreement?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
krzys4 said:
i am getting married in May and i have NO problem sharing all of it with my fiance. but if we ever separated, i would feel bitter to some degree since i worked so hard for the things i have
What about prenuptial agreement?
well, in all honesty, when i say "bitter" , it probably a bit more than a mean. i honestly believe that she appreciates the things i had before we decide to get married and i enjoy making them "ours".

it would be more of a feeling of losing things that you worked hard for than a feeling of letting someone else take them.

i am getting married becuase i feel that the benfits (above and beyond material things) far outweigh haveing a lot of nice stuff and not meeting my future wife......it still gotta be hard to let go the things that are tied to your hard work and memories together.

·
Registered
779 Posts
i am getting married becuase i feel that the benfits (above and beyond material things) far outweigh haveing a lot of nice stuff and not meeting my future wife......it still gotta be hard to let go the things that are tied to your hard work and memories together.
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you bradical?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
krzys4 said:
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you bradical?
33...i just type like im drunk cause i go too fast and dont spell check :p

·
Registered
848 Posts
chdiego...Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully there aren't kids to worry over too? I went through this several years back and gave my ex (f just 6 yrs) half the assets (of which she earned zero!) just to get custoday. I'm still bitter over that, but will never regret having my daughter. You'll get over the FX if you have to give it up.

If you haven't already got legal advice, I highly recommend doing so. I don't think the mony you put into the house is going to help you...it's probably considered "marital funds".

For anyone who's worried about getting in a similar situation, I was advised by my attorney to lease a vehicle back at that time. You don't own it, so you don't have to worry about losing it.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
779 Posts
33...i just type like im drunk cause i go too fast and dont spell check Razz
The reason why I asked how old you were was not to criticize your typing skills but because of your statement: "i am getting married becuase i feel that the benfits (above and beyond material things) far outweigh haveing a lot of nice stuff and not meeting my future wife......it still gotta be hard to let go the things that are tied to your hard work and memories together."
I am in the exact same situation as you (also engaged although a little younger than you) and couldn't agree with you more here...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, unfortunately we do have two kids who will be impacted by all the problems. I have tried to recommend resolving things by doing the whole counseling bit and am just met with resistance. She has just given up and is ready to walk. So, because "she" wants to walk and isn't necessarily receptive to any of my suggestions I have stuck to my guns and simply said, "ok, if that's the case, YOU get out.". She obviously doesn't want to so I have to try to entice her to leave......

As for the kids, she'll be keeping son (from a previous marriage) and I'll go to any length to keep my daughter. She hasn't resisted that at all........yet.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Absolutely talk to an attorney,you need a strategy and a way to get your end result...I remember my attorney asking me in great detail what I wanted and in the "4 way" he told me to simply be quiet(which was tough,but I did).He put so much stuff in the air I thought he was crazy or I was screwed...but he absolutely pulled it off....she has been here before,she knows what she is doing...protect your daughter and youself!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
krzys4 said:
33...i just type like im drunk cause i go too fast and dont spell check Razz
The reason why I asked how old you were was not to criticize your typing skills but because of your statement: "i am getting married becuase i feel that the benfits (above and beyond material things) far outweigh haveing a lot of nice stuff and not meeting my future wife......it still gotta be hard to let go the things that are tied to your hard work and memories together."
I am in the exact same situation as you (also engaged although a little younger than you) and couldn't agree with you more here...
no offense taken at all. i just have a habit of thinking way ahead of what im typing. i dont type slow, but i do type sloppy. in the end i sometimes sound like im 16 and drunk :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
LibTech said:
I paid for a 5k cosmetic investment in her that will make it very easy for her to attract her next victim (**** they're nice)
You should get one of those back...It's only fair.
:lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
LibTech said:
I paid for a 5k cosmetic investment in her that will make it very easy for her to attract her next victim (**** they're nice)
You should get one of those back...It's only fair.
Damm that sh!t was funny as ****!!!! Sorry to hear about your situation. Pick up your next wife at the local gentlemens club.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Isn't there a statistics that states that these kinds of "investements in wife" endup with a divorce? I remember reading something about it and the percentage was in the 90s...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Funny comments re: the "INVESTMENT". And yeah, I do think there is at least some kind of "stat" survey out there that says it usually takes that route. Trust me, the next one will come loaded with all the "options". NO WAY in **** am I paying for another set!

Perhaps I "should" try to get at least one of them back, right???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts